Tai Chi Master Who Ran From Xu Xiaodong Fights MMA Hobbyist

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Tai Chi Master Who Ran From Xu Xiaodong Fights MMA Hobbyist

Postby dspyrido on Tue May 19, 2020 2:49 pm

GrahamB wrote:You’ll have to speak up a bit Wayne - I can’t hear you from up there on that moral high ground you’re always putting yourself on.

I've never physically met either you Graham or Wayne. I've read both posts above and I can understand what Wayne's saying. Purely opinion but makes sense.

Your post though just makes you sound exactly like what you were insinuating Wayne is. I'll just say it detracts from your previous posts in this thread which were good informative posts.

I am sure you can respond with an internet meme or other frat boy (or is it chad boy?) response but hopefully you can see i bothered posting this for a reason.

Anyway... I'll go back to topic now.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Tue May 19, 2020 3:06 pm

As mentioned this guy fighting is a sanda guy.

This raises another thing I'm wondering about. I saw this posted several days back on a Chinese martial arts group of instructors from mainland China. I don't understand the responses other than via the translate button on wechat but the sentiment sounded like - he's a fraud and should train more sanda. Sound like they were agreeing on the beat down as it reinforces sanda - a cma.

Then it goes viral in the West and suddenly it's a "cma is shit do mma" post.

Curious how the mainlanders see this & whether it's not a right off of cma in general but a dismissing of idiots with poor footwork, zero sparring ability, can't even bother holding their hands up, glass chins etc etc. aka frauds.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm

dspyrido wrote:
GrahamB wrote:You’ll have to speak up a bit Wayne - I can’t hear you from up there on that moral high ground you’re always putting yourself on.

I've never physically met either you Graham or Wayne. I've read both posts above and I can understand what Wayne's saying. Purely opinion but makes sense.

Your post though just makes you sound exactly like what you were insinuating Wayne is. I'll just say it detracts from your previous posts in this thread which were good informative posts.

I am sure you can respond with an internet meme or other frat boy (or is it chad boy?) response but hopefully you can see i bothered posting this for a reason.

Anyway... I'll go back to topic now.

I've never "physically" met you either, Mr whatever your name is, but from what I've read, I don't really want to either. Anyway... back to the topic.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue May 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Sorry Wayne, I was just messing.

There have been quite a few people posting about how even sharing this clip shows a lack of moral integrity, or whatever, I'm just a bit tired of it all. Really tired, in fact, of the pseudo spiritual, superiorist attitude you find prevalent in CMA.

If that guy had won and beaten somebody 20 years younger IMA people would have been all over this like it was the second coming of Jesus, but this is martial arts, not knitting. You do a public challenge and record it on cameras and get the press in then it's public, end of. Testing the art is part of the art, not something to be hidden away.

Saying that - a 69 year old man doing this is just stupid - he could easily have been killed. I don't think the wires in his brain are connected.
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue May 19, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Tue May 19, 2020 3:49 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The thing I find interesting is how people who claim to train internal arts take great joy in others who claim to train internal arts getting a hiding
It says a lot about those that post these clips
Why do they do it

I enjoy watching "IMA" skills (or EMA) applied in a fight, regardless of who wins.

I posted because it is IMA news. "Don't shoot the messenger." :)
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The thing I find interesting is how people who claim to train internal arts take great joy in others who claim to train internal arts getting a hiding
Why do they do it
I look at someone getting beaten and it has little to do with me or my training
I never see these people wanting to fill the gap and take up arms

This above is a large part of the problem. All these so-called "masters" getting their asses handed to them shows an obvious problem to everyone else but somehow many in CMA are so blind that they can't see it. It truly is stunning. These people have ZERO problems with the obvious bankrupt training paradigm. No, they're totally upset at the people that pull back the curtain and show the truth.

These losers stepped into the ring. they asked for it. And they got it. Saying that the people that post the clips are immoral for posting them is beyond the pale.

The only response CMA ever offers is a high nasally voice filled with estrogen:"But, but, but that's not the REAL taichi/wingchun." Or some other such nonsense. When 99.999% of a style is like what we see in these clips then you don't point to the .001% and try to make the exception the rule. That's insane. All of these "masters" getting beat shows a clear pattern that an infant could point out. Besides, many of the so-called "real" teachers either aren't nearly as "real" as people think or they aren't teaching like you think they are.

People don't want to get out and take up arms? I know why. Take Matt Stampe, for instance. He got out there and did taichi on the leitai and what was the main comment the poster above made? "I don't see any taichi there." Well there you go. Someone gets out there and it doesn't look 100% like the taichi form or he has his heel up or he violates taichi's precious little red book of inviolatable commandments and the peanut gallery loses their minds. You'd have to be an idiot to volunteer to get hit in the face while representing something that at this point is completely unrepresentable.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Tue May 19, 2020 6:11 pm

But everyone wants to see this....

Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue May 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Peacedog wrote:But everyone wants to see this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHHGZPQiigg

Why would they not?

Why would someone not expect to see something that someone says they can do, practice to do, and claim to do..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0-Dt9mPiI

notice what is shown,,,spinning back kick, followed by ippon seoi nage.

no one has to guess or question or any thing, it's quite clear.
Why is it that with many CMA artist what they do very seldom looks as trained,
or demoed...

Is it not an expectation that if one claims to be a taiji practitioner
or practitioner of any CMA style one would expect to see it in use.

Over the yrs,,I tend to look for what is trained and what is used
regardless of what style is claimed.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue May 19, 2020 6:59 pm

"Pride is a master of deception: when you think you are occupied with the
weightiest business; that's when he has you under his spell."

- Marcus Aurelius
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 pm

I respect his courage. Because Xu had standing immortal for a while, not yet a TCMA took him down.
We are just awesome spectators commenting a show, believeing what should or shouldn’t.
Yet no courage to challenge Xu to prove him wrong~ how ironic.
Fight like this does take more tricks, training and physical conditioning.
You cannot go battle unarmed.

I remember once I touched hands with one of my Xingyi senior and his commented how I should relax more(thus he can’t do more manipulation on me), I was thinking yeah right. So I told him politely in Xingyi manual it’s said 手不離心,肘不離肋,虎抱頭~ the truth is if you had never experienced the high impact kick/punch or knee/elbow the moment you encounter one it’s going to catch you unprepared, the frame and footwork start to break down.
Overlord

Postby Trick on Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 am

I do agree that that Kungfu “master” in the vid getting knocked out, had an “attitude”, and clearly had no pugilistic skill. But why should I now be upset or even angry about him ? I’m not going to do it, but he actually did it, stepped up on the mat.......
Maybe this is what is worrying some people, now they feel pressure to do the same.
So many talk about “pressure testing”, the Kungfu “master” finally tried it, are any from outside his Fanclub going to do it ?

Now I want to see a fight - the Xu guy vs this Sanda guy....
Could turn into some Hagler, Hearnes, Leonard trilogy.......Ma, Xu, Sanda guy 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed May 20, 2020 12:21 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
These losers stepped into the ring.
8-)
Trick

Postby Overlord on Wed May 20, 2020 2:04 am

Overlord wrote:I respect his courage. Because Xu had standing immortal for a while, not yet a TCMA took him down.
We are just awesome spectators commenting a show, believeing what should or shouldn’t.
Yet no courage to challenge Xu to prove him wrong~ how ironic.
Fight like this does take more tricks, training and physical conditioning.
You cannot go battle unarmed.

I remember once I touched hands with one of my Xingyi senior and his commented how I should relax more(thus he can’t do more manipulation on me), I was thinking yeah right. So I told him politely in Xingyi manual it’s said 手不離心,肘不離肋,虎抱頭~ the truth is if you had never experienced the high impact kick/punch or knee/elbow the moment you encounter one it’s going to catch you unprepared, the frame and footwork start to break down.

Oops I just realized that he wasn’t fighting Xu. ;D

月缺不改光,劍折不改剛。
月缺魄易滿,劍折鑄復良。
勢利壓山嶽,難屈志士腸。
男兒自有守,可殺不可苟。
《古意 -梅堯臣》
Overlord

Postby Strange on Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 am

Overlord
you are right.
When asked, my teacher said: "what to do after you lost? Very simple, you go back to train some more."

As martial artist/enthusiast, no matter you are pro or amateur, one basically has to be very honest
with oneself and, in extension, to the rest of the world.

I think what everyone is uncomfortable with about Ma is that he has shown himself very capable of
deception.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Wed May 20, 2020 4:17 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
Why do they do it
I look at someone getting beaten and it has little to do with me or my training
I never see these people wanting to fill the gap and take up arms

This above is a large part of the problem. All these so-called "masters" getting their asses handed to them shows an obvious problem to everyone else but somehow many in CMA are so blind that they can't see it. It truly is stunning. These people have ZERO problems with the obvious bankrupt training paradigm. No, they're totally upset at the people that pull back the curtain and show the truth.

These losers stepped into the ring. they asked for it. And they got it. Saying that the people that post the clips are immoral for posting them is beyond the pale.

The other video I posted shows Ma filming a commercial with MMAist Peter Irving then lecturing a group of people on self defense. Instead of Ma hitting his head, it could have been an innocent student of his hitting their head on concrete in a street situation and dying which would be tragic. So. people posting the fight should be applauded not censored. At the least, it may save a life and bring awareness to a possible defect in Ma's self defense program. Teaching self defense brings along a certain amount of moral responsibility. Having said that, Ma had a certain amount of belief in his fighting skills although unfounded.

Formosa Neijia wrote:The only response CMA ever offers is a high nasally voice filled with estrogen:"But, but, but that's not the REAL taichi/wingchun." Or some other such nonsense. When 99.999% of a style is like what we see in these clips then you don't point to the .001% and try to make the exception the rule. That's insane. All of these "masters" getting beat shows a clear pattern that an infant could point out. Besides, many of the so-called "real" teachers either aren't nearly as "real" as people think or they aren't teaching like you think they are.

Right, some people are quick to dismiss a person who loses although that person probably trained a traditional system(s) in a way that is taught in most schools.
marvin8
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links