new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby everything on Wed May 27, 2020 5:51 pm

welllll we're at 100k + deaths here in the USA now.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl= ... ceid=US:en
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 am

everything wrote:welllll we're at 100k + deaths here in the USA now.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl= ... ceid=US:en

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:09 pm

100 dead Americans.

All 50 states.

In NYS, there have been fewer than 100 deaths every day for the last week. I don't do anything much differently than before the crisis, except that I wear a mask. There were sales at the supermarket for the first time in a while. There is a lot more traffic.

The rest of the state is on phase one of reopening. They'll allow construction to continue, and permit larger gatherings of people --still observing social distancing and wearing masks. I think that'll go on for two weeks, and if the stats don't go up drastically, the restrictions will be relaxed more.

However, I'm sure that lots of businesses won't come back. Some businesses will return because they were closed by force, but their customers consider them essential. Gyms are a good example. I would say churches, but they're non-profit. Strip clubs and hair salons are more like it. They'll be back.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 am

Good to hear things are getting more (new) normal in NY.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 am

everything wrote:Good to hear things are getting more (new) normal in NY.

It seems better, but I've been hearing a few more ambulances. It's nothing like it was, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers tip up a bit. It's not because of the phase one that started. We are seeing the results of what we did two weeks ago.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Fri May 29, 2020 9:09 am

I really like how Governor Cuomo has been dealing with the crisis... hasn't been trying to act like it's "not an issue" for his own personal optics, and seems to have been quite candid about how it's been kicking NY's butt. It's opened him up to some tyrant who insults him and tells him to solve his own problems, but I think how he handled it elevated his standing with how people perceive him.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby everything on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:15 pm

restrictions still loosening here and new deaths still going up. ???
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:01 am

Deaths and hospitalizations will probably rise because of the demonstrations. Ironically, it may intensify but shorten the overall crisis. Otoh, if the demonstrations are taking place in locations where a high percentage of the population has already been exposed, the effect might not be as serious there. Iow, people who come from areas with fewer cases will return home.

Oh well, a week ago lots of people were complaining about being locked down and were demanding to live free or die.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:47 pm

It's okay, the mayor of Minneapolis asked the rioters to wear masks and social distance while they were burning down the 3rd precinct. Apparently, the virus is no longer the highest priority.

Mayor Jacob Frey wrote:The City encourages everyone to exercise caution to stay safe while participating in demonstrations, including wearing masks and physical distancing as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” the statement reads. “The City has made hundreds of masks available to protesters this week.
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:13 am

Fantastic, protesters encourage by government to mask up, how upside down this virus threat turn the world
Trick

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:29 am

Well, it's true that there are more pressing concerns than the virus. It also makes sense to encourage people not to spread it.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:21 am

Classic Black Swan event
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:19 am

Hmm, clearly none of this was expected. Otoh, once it started, there were people who tried to use it to their advantage.

Hey, if the virus goes away, like the problems in Syria, the ME, the opioid crisis, and North Korea nukes, that'll be unexpected. Enjoy today's problems.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:42 am

i'm grateful to have cabin fever as my main complaint for now but darn it does drive one crazy
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:58 am

Exactly, there are people out there with real complaints, like planning for funerals or bomb's being dropped or just having running water.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:27 am

No deaths from covid reported in NYC on Wednesday.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic