Do you believe this?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Do you believe this?

Postby johnwang on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Do you believe this? Any comment?

https://v.qq.com/x/page/y03970yt1dv.html
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Re: Do you believe this?

Postby Finny on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:44 pm

No. No further comment.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Ah, finally a video I can see. He’s the King in that room....
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 am

johnwang wrote:Do you believe this? Any comment?

https://v.qq.com/x/page/y03970yt1dv.html

whats your own comment ?
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:14 am

It is a pretty common thing based off of one part behavioral conditioning and one part ability.

We train it a lot in the school of Hermetics I'm from as a sensitivity and power building drill.

Some guys are more sensitive to the effect and others less so. It is a pretty useful tool for training different energies and gauging progress. An actively resisting opponent won't be effected to any meaningful degree.

It is useless for fighting.

With the right training techniques and a decent work ethic most people can learn how to do it in about four to eight weeks.

One of the problems with the IMAs is that they have a tendency to mix a lot of meditative training into their martial work. Sometimes this is supportive of what happens and other times it is a sideshow. Particularly with older guys it allows them to keep playing when they are no longer capable of doing the actual fighting end.

This is where you get alot of the IMA vs MMA beatdowns of "masters" from. They've been doing all of the meditative influenced stuff for years surrounded by programmed students. Then they go up against someone much younger, who actually has some fighting ability and the little old man gets his can kicked.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 am

Some guys are more sensitive to the effect and others less so. It is a pretty useful tool for training different energies and gauging progress. An actively resisting opponent won't be effected to any meaningful degree.

If they are actively resisting, what are they resisting ?
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

Trick wrote:whats your own comment ?

I don't belong to the main stream. My opinion is not important on this.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby ctjla on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:16 pm

Peacedog wrote:It is a pretty common thing based off of one part behavioral conditioning and one part ability.

We train it a lot in the school of Hermetics I'm from as a sensitivity and power building drill.

It is useless for fighting.

With the right training techniques and a decent work ethic most people can learn how to do it in about four to eight weeks.

One of the problems with the IMAs is that they have a tendency to mix a lot of meditative training into their martial work. Sometimes this is supportive of what happens and other times it is a sideshow. Particularly with older guys it allows them to keep playing when they are no longer capable of doing the actual fighting end.

This is where you get alot of the IMA vs MMA beatdowns of "masters" from. They've been doing all of the meditative influenced stuff for years surrounded by programmed students. Then they go up against someone much younger, who actually has some fighting ability and the little old man gets his can kicked.

this
ctjla
Santi

Postby johnwang on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 pm

windwalker wrote:If they are actively resisting, what are they resisting ?

His opponent arm's Peng Jing is the resistance.

Since "single push hand" is the most basic Taiji push hand skill (Taiji PH 101), if his opponent

- bends at his elbow joint,
- yields into the incoming force,

This kind of push will never happen.

johnwang
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:39 pm

This push looks more realistic.

johnwang
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Peacedog wrote:It is useless for fighting.

Why do it at all?

Also in "training" this it looks like the receiver is being taught to flap about for the cameras. Wouldn't that take no time to learn?

The worse part is what type of learning teaches these TC guys to believe it's real and feel they can step into a ring??
Last edited by dspyrido on Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:34 am

johnwang wrote:
Trick wrote:whats your own comment ?

I don't belong to the main stream. My opinion is not important on this.

Is your OP video mainstream ?
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:46 am

Peacedog wrote:It is a pretty common thing based off of one part behavioral conditioning and one part ability.

I undertand how it’s an sensitivity exercise, ..../\/\/\but the hopping ?? Is that because the hopper is more sensitive ? Also here, is being more sensitive =being more masterful ? ......Maybe the hoppers in the video are the masters and the rigid old guy is their student ?
Trick

Postby johnwang on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:57 pm

If you grab on my wrist, can I push you back? I don't think I can.

johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 pm

sensitivity by itself should not be important;
but i believe that if we are talking about sensitivity under fight pressure, it is something else entirely.

if able to expend power from legs, waist and body; should be able to push with shoulder or elbow
even as wrist is grabbed.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan