Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby bailewen on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:55 pm

windwalker on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:55 pm
windwalker wrote:
Giles wrote:
Agreed, if that is true it will be interesting.

Interesting article

blahblahblah bullshit article about hydroxychloroquine, now proven to be completely useless against COVID.

Peacedog wrote:Another interesting data point.

BCG vaccination is used in a lot of developing countries. SE Asia and sub-Sharan Africa in particular. Both are areas with oddly low CV-19 death rates as well.

Keep in mind I still think type A blood and Vitamin D deficiency, along with obesity, are far higher risk factors than things like the BCG vaccine can provide protection for.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/t ... index.html

Random pseudo-scientific nonesense theory pulled out of ass about non-related vaccinations and COVID. Might be a point about vitamin D, and obviously obesity is a mortality risk factor, but not relevant to spreading the disease.

windwalker wrote:
The results of this study demonstrate that in a strictly monitored protocol-driven in-hospital setting, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin was associated with a significant reduction in mortality among patients hospitalized with COVID-19

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext

Interesting study

another "interesting" study about the now completely debunked non-cure.

Apparently "interesting" is a new way of saying, "I have no actual knowledge on this topic but I have the internet so you should not trust doctors and scientists"
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:41 pm

amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:21 am

bailewen wrote:windwalker on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:55 pm
windwalker wrote:
Giles wrote:
Agreed, if that is true it will be interesting.

Interesting article

blahblahblah bullshit article about hydroxychloroquine, now proven to be completely useless against COVID.

Peacedog wrote:Another interesting data point.

BCG vaccination is used in a lot of developing countries. SE Asia and sub-Sharan Africa in particular. Both are areas with oddly low CV-19 death rates as well.

Keep in mind I still think type A blood and Vitamin D deficiency, along with obesity, are far higher risk factors than things like the BCG vaccine can provide protection for.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/t ... index.html

Random pseudo-scientific nonesense theory pulled out of ass about non-related vaccinations and COVID. Might be a point about vitamin D, and obviously obesity is a mortality risk factor, but not relevant to spreading the disease.

windwalker wrote:
The results of this study demonstrate that in a strictly monitored protocol-driven in-hospital setting, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin was associated with a significant reduction in mortality among patients hospitalized with COVID-19

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext

Interesting study

another "interesting" study about the now completely debunked non-cure.

Apparently "interesting" is a new way of saying, "I have no actual knowledge on this topic but I have the internet so you should not trust doctors and scientists"
the non “pseudo-scientific” side is boring, hasn’t come forward with anything that’s near interesting.......Bill Gates, vaccines, face masks, vaccines, Bill Gates, vaccines, face maskzzzzzzzz
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:52 am

Last edited by Peacedog on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:05 am

Another interesting article on a possible treatment drug that doesn’t appear to have panned out.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/08 ... 598023473/
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:52 pm

swedish news report of an interesting 8-) zobie horror therapy in japan, its supposed to cure any covid19 anxiety.......the artickle is in swedish but theres a vid that show how ot works.....if you suffering from covid19 anxiety then maybe the video helps you het going with your anxiety https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/zomb ... ronaangest
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:04 am

Many people find this effective for anxiety relief...

Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Omar should just keep translating Peacedog's posts in case there are other poor Swedes or Brazilians reading the stuff here for an actual understanding of life and death issues.

The scales shall fall from their eyes.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Ian...Peoples Committee indicates you must realize...

Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:41 pm

But your jokes aren't funny, and they aren't meant to be. Look at your last joke. It's a smear. Even though I have stated I am not a communist, you are calling me one, or, invoking the fact that you have called me one. Same with your jokes about Omar. You try and present yourself as some rational thinker, posting studies. This is despite the fact that the people you are siding with here, perhaps even defending/shepherding, already agree with you, but, more importantly, all the rest of us have seen your penis hanging posts; your posts where you have claimed to psychically induced women into ecstasy; posts where you push overtly white nationalist and jingoist agendas; posts where you blame the faults of American greed leading to the deaths of innocent persons as being the fault of "the natives." We have seen them. They aren't and cannot be divorced from each other because they speak to who you are and your perspectives.

Should I lighten up? Probably. But, you are completely full of shit.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:00 am

An interesting article on the use of antibodies from recovering patients in the newly infected.

The takeaway is that it needs to be applied early on in disease presentation.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20169359v1
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:22 am

man the stock market is going crazy. s&p500 hit all time high, mostly driven by tech stocks.

but people seem to think (irrational exuberance) that all the covid woes will be gone soon.

that, or cheap money means there is not much better investment vehicle, relatively speaking
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:42 am

Real Estate market is spiking too - at least here in the promised land of Texas.
Inventory is dwindling - parents are going nuts because school selection is
more important than ever.
roger hao

Postby Peacedog on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:11 am

AFA stocks are concerned I am only staying in the market until we hit another peak. Then I'm out. I suspect all of this government spending is like eating cheap carbs. Yeah it gets you high for a sweet minute, but doesn't last.

Real estate is all gone in my area. Everything is under contract or already sold. I've never seen anything like it. Being an hour out from two major metropolitan areas I guess it is a convenient "live in the country and telecommute to the city arrangement."

Undeveloped land has gone from roughly $10k/acre ten years ago to $30k/acre two years ago to $75k/acre as of last week. It is insane. And definitely not sustainable. My guess is the land prices will crash in a year, or two, when the hysteria dies down.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:29 pm

real estate market is crazy here (NC) as well. interest rates are really low, people with the WFH jobs are apparently getting paid quite well, too many people moving here, and of course limited, finite amount of land and property. it all makes sense. alas, I'd be a terrible real estate investor at least in any hands-on way. Roger, I'd love to move back to TX, but it'll be way too expensive! maybe I can just get rich from stocks then afford it.

peacedog - yeah keep cashing out a little when the bulls go crazy like this seems like a good idea. OTOH, I was definitely thinking of buying some "reopen" stocks (airlines, travel, etc.).
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That