Taiwanese Tai Chi Master Challenges Xu Xiaodong & Two Boxers

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Taiwanese Tai Chi Master Challenges Xu Xiaodong & Two Boxers

Postby marvin8 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:25 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Thanks for that
Same opinion he will last 30 seconds against anyone who actually wants to hit him
His yang style looks a bit silly with no focus and not very good mechanics

Yes, LM overreacts with his up/down parries and lacks balance. Trained boxers in OP video revealed the blueprint: control distance and set up punches. In earlier video, fighters didn't score much despite the commentary.

Below, trained boxer sets pattern (then breaks it) by step and feint/punch to body twice, then on third step overhand right (over guard) to LM's face. Boxer did the same pattern twice, both times LM fell for it. LM has very few fighting skills (e.g., listening, etc.).

marvin8
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:28 pm

Peacedog wrote:I think Xu's whole point is, "I'm old and fat and not that good anymore and I can still kick the crap out of all of these fakes."

Xu is just trying to demonstrate that an MMA practitioner who is in no way great is still better than all of these so-called masters. And on that level he is very effective.

was modern MMA around in china when he was young and strong(actually i think he probably was fatter when younger) ... anyway, what is his fight record against other well trained MMA sport fiighters ?
Last edited by Trick on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:56 am

According to Wikipedia, Xu setup one of the first MMA schools in China and had a few sanshou fights that he won at a tournament level when younger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Xiaodong

Outside of that, nothing is really out there on his fight record in his prime in English.

Someone with better Chinese than mine will need to do the translation from the other side of the great firewall if anything is out there on his official fight record.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:01 am

mma i very young here(and probably fading),he probably hoped to make good cash, but no students lined up enmasse... they might had done so if he was an famous kickboxer who had fought internationally ranked boxers
Trick

Previous

Return to Video Links