Qianzai temple sources?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Qianzai temple sources?

Postby jbb73 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:37 pm

robert wrote:
jbb73 wrote:CX's student Chen Ziming discusses this in his taijiquan manual in 1932. At that time the two styles were referred to as old frame and new frame for obvious reasons.

Chen Village Taiji divides into “old frame” and “new frame”. The new frame comes from inspired adjustments to the old frame, but both methods above all emphasize softness. This book presents the new frame. In the future, if I find any spare time, I ought to make another book about the old frame in order for students to understand what parts are old or new, and their points of similarity and difference. Then they will know how Taiji evolved.

This are - at least for me - far from obvious reasons. The whole plot with CCX establishing an "old frame" and CYB founding a "new frame" is full of unproven and contradicting assumptions. CZM simply went into the Tang Hao-trap. But I quit here, discussed this to often in the last years.
jbb73
Mingjing

Re: Qianzai temple sources?

Postby salcanzonieri on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:34 am

Yes, and regardless of the "frame", they are all still doing the exact same form, from any style of Chen to any style of Yang to any style post-Yang.
The form postures are following the same sequence, regardless of how each move is executed or counted.
salcanzonieri
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan