Taiji Jin 太極勁 Parts 1 & 2: Liang De Hua — The Martial Man

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiji Jin 太極勁 Parts 1 & 2: Liang De Hua — The Martial Man

Postby marvin8 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:00 am

THE MARTIAL MAN
Sep 5, 2020

In this episode, I visit Sifu Liang De Hua at the Royal Gardens in Chiang Mai, Thailand to discuss Taiji Jin 太極勁. This exclusive two-part interview addresses the true meaning of Taiji Jin, its historical background, and the internal methods (Nei Gong) used to develop this skill, before moving on to in-depth examples of how Taiji Jin is trained and practical demonstrations of its applications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGEP5X78G1w
Last edited by marvin8 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Taiji Jin 太極勁 Parts 1 & 2: Liang De Hua — The Martial Man

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:43 am

Part 2

THE MARTIAL MAN
Oct 4, 2020

In this episode, I visit Sifu Liang De Hua at the Royal Gardens in Chiang Mai, Thailand to discuss Taiji Jin 太極勁. This exclusive two-part interview addresses the true meaning of Taiji Jin, its historical background, and the internal methods (Nei Gong) used to develop this skill, before moving on to in-depth examples of how Taiji Jin is trained and practical demonstrations of its applications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2meudZummw
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:01 am

I watched those clips a few weeks ago, does he explain what Yi is and how to use it?
I kinda like the term martial magician :D
Quigga

Postby GrahamB on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:57 am

If you watched the clips, then why don't you know?

Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:53 am

Quigga wrote:I watched those clips a few weeks ago, does he explain what Yi is and how to use it?
I kinda like the term martial magician :D

Here, which I am sure you would remember if you've actually watched the videos, he only describes his understanding of Jin and not Yi. But from what I've read, you can find a video on Martial Man's page where Liang explain the difference between Yi and Jin. If you want to know if he explain how to use it, you need to pay the monthly fee to enjoy that and many other videos that the Martial Man keeps on his page. -shrug-
Last edited by Bao on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:40 am

"I watched the clips a few weeks ago - I am uncertain if he explained what Yi was and how to use it since I'm away from home, living in a geriatric facility, occupying a room a normal resident would have, without TV or WiFi, going to McDonalds to have WiFi, posting this on a crappy thirty euro smartphone - could any of you sweet guys tell me if he mentioned something in that direction? I can't remember anymore."

Does that sound better?

Graham, thanks a lot for posting the screenshot, I remember the scene. And Bao, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I notice that I'm getting a bit sensitive... I will refrain from posting for a while.
Last edited by Quigga on Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quigga

Postby GrahamB on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:07 am

Sorry - I didn't know the background context from what you posted.

I skipped through a lot of this second video. It's just psycho-babble. He has a go at explaining everything, but even admits he doesn't know what he's talking about half way through. - Hence Screenshot.
Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:02 am

IMO, when a teacher always attributes what they do to "qi" and "jin," it is a clear sign that they don't know how to (or don't want to) explain things in scientific and easy-to-understand terms.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 am

C.J.W. wrote:IMO, when a teacher always attributes what they do to "qi" and "jin," it is a clear sign that they don't know how to (or don't want to) explain things in scientific and easy-to-understand terms.

It's mostly commercial teachers who earn a living on teaching who use old abstract, obscure words. It's more to attract new students than to explain. Explaining things clearly with modern, western terminology is boring. People don't want to listen to it. They want things they don't understand, so they can try to understand them. But they don't want them to be explain.

Like a David Lynch movie. People love the mystery, things that cannot be explained. The simple answers? Nah, people want to keep the mystery. That's the important thing. The same with martial arts. People really don't want things to be explained. They want to experience the mystery.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Just another guy with a little skill reeling in those with no other option
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby C.J.W. on Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:34 am

Bao wrote:
C.J.W. wrote:IMO, when a teacher always attributes what they do to "qi" and "jin," it is a clear sign that they don't know how to (or don't want to) explain things in scientific and easy-to-understand terms.

It's mostly commercial teachers who earn a living on teaching who use old abstract, obscure words. It's more to attract new students than to explain. Explaining things clearly with modern, western terminology is boring. People don't want to listen to it. They want things they don't understand, so they can try to understand them. But they don't want them to be explain.

Like a David Lynch movie. People love the mystery, things that cannot be explained. The simple answers? Nah, people want to keep the mystery. That's the important thing. The same with martial arts. People really don't want things to be explained. They want to experience the mystery.

It's like watching a magic show; most people just ooh and ahh at what the magician can do, but there's always the rare few who are determined to figure out how the tricks work and even become magicians themselves. ;)
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:00 am

But where could these performance skills possibly have come from?

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Video Links