TriEssence: Kung Fu Debunked Ep 2 When Baji overcomplicates

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

TriEssence: Kung Fu Debunked Ep 2 When Baji overcomplicates

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:41 am

TriEssence Martial Arts
Sep 7, 2020

In our 2nd episode of Kung Fu Debunked, we are taking a look at Hu Yutao, a Baji teacher that raise to social media fame in China, and whether or not his interpretation and application of Baji can work in reality, if not why not.

As always constructive comments are welcome and feel free to contact me for class details in Gauteng South Africa atm, and in NSW AU in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6KmN2h7XhQ
marvin8
Wuji

Re: TriEssence: Kung Fu Debunked Ep 2 When Baji overcomplicates

Postby Bao on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:20 am

I like his historical episodes, though he is a bit unforced sometimes. But I have hard time to take thing kind of videos seriously, videos (or people) that attacks others personally or isolates one person as an example of what is "bad" or inferior. Sometimes I can see his point here, but still...
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:22 am

Bao wrote:I like his historical episodes, though he is a bit unforced sometimes. But I have hard time to take thing kind of videos seriously, videos (or people) that attacks others personally or isolates one person as an example of what is "bad" or inferior. Sometimes I can see his point here, but still...

I believe you're misrepresenting what Wang does.

Wang doesn't use ad hominem attacks. Instead, Wang explicitly says he’s “using logic, reasoning and deduction to dissect Hu’s application and explain why it doesn’t work. … I am actually doing it within the context he (Hu) gives and if in that context the technique has problems, it’s bad technique.”
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am

marvin8 wrote:. Instead, Wang explicitly says he’s “using logic, reasoning and deduction to dissect Hu’s application and explain why it doesn’t work. … I am actually doing it within the context he (Hu) gives and if in that context the technique has problems, it’s bad technique.”

What he explicitly says about what he does matters little. What I said is still valid of what he actually does.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:45 am

Bao wrote:
marvin8 wrote:. Instead, Wang explicitly says he’s “using logic, reasoning and deduction to dissect Hu’s application and explain why it doesn’t work. … I am actually doing it within the context he (Hu) gives and if in that context the technique has problems, it’s bad technique.”

What he explicitly says about what he does matters little. What I said is still valid of what he actually does.

I agree, "what he does matters." What does Wang do? Where does Wang "personally attack" Hu? I may be misunderstanding your statement.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:28 pm

I said that his words mean little. And it still gets too personal. I believe that his way of making a point is unnecessary.

But I might as well confess that enjoyed listening to his +three hours bashing of Chen Xiaowang. I still think that the way he does it is unnecessary and that there's an attitude problem involved. But he did present some very interesting facts that he has received from reliable sources.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Bao wrote:I said that his words mean little. And it still gets too personal. I believe that his way of making a point is unnecessary.

So, Wang's "argument/words means little." The irony is you personally attack Wang by using an ad hominem attack. Meanwhile, Wang argues using logic, reasoning and deduction to dissect Hu’s application within the context Hu gives—without getting "too personal."
marvin8
Wuji

Return to Video Links