Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:15 am

The root problem isn't just stupidity. It's our cultural disposition to think "I'm John Wayne / I'm James Dean / I'm Batman." and I do whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want. Fuck Authority. Which normally I'm all for!!! But in this case, just do whatever you think your mom would've said to do when you were a little kid. Don't do fucking stupid shit that everyone else isn't doing. Be your fucking-fantasy-LARP-cowboy in some other fucking setting. Get in the fucking line the right fucking way. Don't show off your stupid cowboy bullshit there getting a fucking can of beans. BE AN ADULT.
Last edited by everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 am

everything wrote:The root problem isn't just stupidity. It's our cultural disposition to think "I'm John Wayne / I'm James Dean / I'm Batman." and I do whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want. Fuck Authority. Which normally I'm all for!!! But in this case, just do whatever you think your mom would've said to do when you were a little kid. Don't do fucking stupid shit that everyone else isn't doing. Be your fucking-fantasy-LARP-cowboy in some other fucking setting. Get in the fucking line the right fucking way. Don't show off your stupid cowboy bullshit there getting a fucking can of beans. BE AN ADULT.

Understanding this is the internet, its alright to call people stupid, most here get it.....
In person though, some may not, and tend not to like it, even mules...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkr0bwV5YWE
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

lol very true
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 am

BATMAN isn't stupid!
roger hao

Postby everything on Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 am

Batman is a genius! His mask is probably full of filtering tech, too.
everything
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:22 pm

windwalker wrote:Alternative view point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz_Z7Gf1aRE

Great Barrington Declaration - As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Very bizarre. As many epidemiologists have pointed out, you can't magically separate the elderly from young adults. For example, who do you think cares for the elderly in hospitals and care facilities? Who serves them at markets and grocers? Likewise, how will you protect the professorates at universities? It's not workable.

Also, they don't seem to understand that there is no conclusive reason to believe that herd immunity can happen without a vaccine.

They also make the erroneous claim that young populations are not vulnerable. That's not true, either.

This is just asinine.
Last edited by Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Steve -

Remember the suggestion that it only took 40% of the population for it to work with coronavirus (even though traditional textbooks say it takes 80-90% to achieve? Well, 40% of 330 million people is quite a bit more than 10 million, no? Do the math yourself, then figure out long it will take for that to happen if it's a solution.

I think the answer using present data is easy. But it's like being chased by the bear.
The immunity just has to happen faster than the vaccine. Then the argument to forcibly vaccinate all population loses strength.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:58 pm

As per Ian's post, Fauci on the Barrington report the WH is pushing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUR01LCJ50U
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:15 pm

everything wrote:Batman is a genius! His mask is probably full of filtering tech, too.

it doesnt cover nose'n mouth'n eyes, but his ears it does 8-) . .....if i remember right.....
Last edited by Trick on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby roger hao on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:07 am

Breathing thru the ears is extreme level of Gi Gong

Dr Fauci advice -

Go underground until we get you that vaccine.
That is all.

People -
Have you developed HIV vaccine yet?
You had one job.
roger hao

Postby windwalker on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 am

Conclusions It was predicted in March 2020 that in response to covid-19 a broad lockdown, as opposed to a focus on shielding the most vulnerable members of society, would reduce immediate demand for ICU beds at the cost of more deaths long term.

The optimal strategy for saving lives in a covid-19 epidemic is different from that anticipated for an influenza epidemic with a different mortality age profile.

Table 1 and table 3 present the full simulation numbers, which are essentially the same as those presented in table A1 in Report 9. Table 3 also illustrates the counterintuitive result that adding school closures to a scenario with case isolation, household quarantine, and social distancing in people older than 70 years would increase the total number of deaths across the full simulation. Moreover,

it shows that social distancing in those over 70 would be more effective than general social distancing.

Stronger interventions, however, are associated with suppression of the infection such that a second wave is observed once the interventions are lifted.
For example, adding place closures to case isolation, household quarantine, and social distancing of over 70s substantially suppresses the infection during the intervention period compared with the same scenario without place closures.

However, this suppression then leads to a second wave with a higher peak demand for ICU beds than during the intervention period, and total numbers of deaths that exceed those of the same scenario without place closures.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m3588

The second wave predicted experienced by many counties with the most stringent lockdowns.

The report findings echo what is called Focused Protection out lined in the "Barrington Declaration"

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold.

Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

https://gbdeclaration.org/
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:01 am

Trick wrote:
everything wrote:Batman is a genius! His mask is probably full of filtering tech, too.

it doesnt cover nose'n mouth'n eyes, but his ears it does 8-) . .....if i remember right.....

ah well that's what it looks like to us, but who knows what hidden Bat Device is actually going on there.

also, why are his eyes always white. so much tech there, lol.
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:25 pm

everything wrote:
Trick wrote:

also, why are his eyes always white. so much tech there, lol.

Not in the movies with real peoples....and actually Batman is mostly maskless, when he’s Bruce Wayne, comic book as well as movie
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm

And how about his partner Robin even smaller mask
Trick

Postby everything on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:00 am

ah the movies shoulda had a better effect, lol.

hmm, robin probably needs a mask update
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That