Run away from no-mask people

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Run away from no-mask people

Postby Trick on Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:22 am

. from TW back to EU
Ok sorry a little off topic. But wouldn’t ‘China to Germany(for example)’ be the most correct ? Or from Taiwan to (for example) Bavaria ?.....8-)
Trick

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 pm

Trick wrote:
. from TW back to EU
Ok sorry a little off topic. But wouldn’t ‘China to Germany(for example)’ be the most correct ? Or from Taiwan to (for example) Bavaria ?.....8-)

Wow, you are informed!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Franklin on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:41 am

Trick wrote:
. from TW back to EU

hahahaha
the first one there would be the most incorrect....

but speaking of china
did they start to export PPE that countries will accept now--
did they get things up to standard???

Franklin
Last edited by Franklin on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 am

Trick

Postby johnwang on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:04 pm

In my today's 3 miles running, I only met 3 persons. All of them don't have mask on.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:41 pm

Might help to explain why some may not wear a mask and some do.

Face masks worn by asymptomatic people are conditionally recommended in severe epidemics or pandemics, to reduce transmission in the community.

Although there is no evidence that this is effective in reducing transmission, there is mechanistic plausibility for the potential
effectiveness of this measure

A disposable surgical mask is recommended to be worn at all times by symptomatic individuals when in contact with other
individuals.

Although there is no evidence that this is effective in reducing transmission, there is mechanistic plausibility for the
potential effectiveness of this measure.

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/han ... g.pdf?ua=1

pre covid - if one was wearing a mask, they’re probably infected.

post-covid - those who are not "infected" are wearing mask because?

In either case according to the document

"there is no evidence that this is effective in reducing transmission"
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:32 pm

wut???? that article isn't relevant or current.

here WHO's recent (Oct 9 2020) info on covid (not on flu).
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -and-masks

Why should people wear masks?
Masks are a key measure to suppress transmission and save lives. Masks reduce potential exposure risk from an infected person whether they have symptoms or not. People wearing masks are protected from getting infected. Masks also prevent onward transmission when worn by a person who is infected.

Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive ‘Do it all!’ approach including: physical distancing, avoiding crowded, closed and close-contact settings, improving ventilation, cleaning hands, covering sneezes and coughs, and more.

When should masks be worn by the general public?
Within wider environments where the virus is spreading, masks should be worn by the general public in settings where it is not possible to maintain at least 1 meter from others. Examples of these settings include indoor locations that are crowded and have poor ventilation, public transport and places of high population density – among others.

In enclosed settings, especially where there is poor ventilation, it is also very important to increase the rate of air change, reduce recirculation of air and increase the use of outdoor air. WHO has published Q&As on ventilation and air conditioning for both the general public and people who manage public spaces and buildings.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:47 pm

everything wrote:wut???? that article isn't relevant or current.

A document concerning what steps to take for a virus not "relevant "
and yet you use an updated version because ?

here WHO's recent (Oct 9 2020) info on covid (not on flu).
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -and-masks

Why should people wear masks?
Masks are a key measure to suppress transmission and save lives. Masks reduce potential exposure risk from an infected person whether they have symptoms or not. People wearing masks are protected from getting infected. Masks also prevent onward transmission when worn by a person who is infected.

Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive ‘Do it all!’ approach including: physical distancing, avoiding crowded, closed and close-contact settings, improving ventilation, cleaning hands, covering sneezes and coughs, and more.

When should masks be worn by the general public?
Within wider environments where the virus is spreading, masks should be worn by the general public in settings where it is not possible to maintain at least 1 meter from others. Examples of these settings include indoor locations that are crowded and have poor ventilation, public transport and places of high population density – among others.

In enclosed settings, especially where there is poor ventilation, it is also very important to increase the rate of air change, reduce recirculation of air and increase the use of outdoor air. WHO has published Q&As on ventilation and air conditioning for both the general public and people who manage public spaces and buildings.

In one year imagine that. ;)

Of course its been changed

Sweden's government, meanwhile, has countered that it largely followed what was before 2020 widely understood to be an appropriate response to a virus like COVID-19.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... tries-move
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:55 pm

It can be really difficult following public health information and knowing which items go together and what conclusions you can draw and how/when it makes sense to draw them. I would really caution to be super careful about confirmation bias. It's not helpful to cherry pick data points or articles.

Taking a quick glance on what it takes to study for a master's in public health, most schools say you need algebra, calculus (I'd say stats), biology. Now, I am quite stupid at biology and quite smart in math, relatively speaking. But I think the point is, to understand if one study really applies to others, you need both of those fields. If we realize we weren't good at biology or math, that's all the more reason to try to follow the most vetted guidelines that were vetted by experts in these fields.

Not trying to call anyone here an idiot, but hope that helps.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:14 pm

everything wrote:Not trying to call anyone here an idiot, but hope that helps.

of course you’re not , would never think of calling you one.
Unfortunately you do seem to like labeling people on line, kinda strange...maybe not...

I would really caution to be super careful about confirmation bias. It's not helpful to cherry pick data points or articles.

haha made laugh thanks....yep something you and some others might work on..
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Graculus on Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Plausibility, as highlighted by Windwalker, is key. Public health policy in emergencies cannot always wait for hard science and must be based on plausibility and best bets.

Some serious computer projections using the current state of the art Japanese supercomputer have appeared often on TV here (Japan) – the Japanese government has a policy of using TV as part of its public health message) showing the way in which particles are blocked by masks. Once again, not proof but strong on plausibility regarding transmission.

I can see why people in the countryside (where John is running) would not wear masks if they are on their own, but it would be good manners at the very least to put one on if they see someone coming.

graculus
https://ichijoji.blogspot.com
Graculus
Huajing

Postby johnwang on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:20 pm

Covid-19: China's Qingdao to test nine million in five days

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54504785
Last edited by johnwang on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 am

MASK FACT:
Face mask is effective 15 -20 minutes, after this time: should be changed for new (sterile) one.
After this short time, keeping it on the face - became counterproductive.

regardless this, hard scientifically proved fact - lot of peps are keepin` their (ONE!) mask in the pocket just in the case...
so
John - you don`t need to run away, viruses are flying everywhere and will cover whole planet.
Sterile bunker is the way to go,
or
keep your immune system on high vibe .

side note:
this is very interesting virus - not so deadly , but able to kill humankind.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:53 am

Trick

Postby Overlord on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:03 am

johnwang wrote:In the past several months, I have run away from no-mask people every day. It even gets into my dream and becomes my nightmare (being chased by a group of no-mask people).

Those no-mask people mess up my daily running. When I run, if I see a no-mask person, I will turn around. After I have turned around many times, I lose tracking my running distance. This bother me big time.

When you hike on a trail that the trail is very narrow, a group of no-mask people walk toward your direction. You cannot move to the side 6 feet away. What will you do?

You wear your own mask when running.
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan