Kung Fu Quest returns

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kung Fu Quest returns

Postby aamc on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:59 pm

aamc
Wuji

Re: Kung Fu Quest returns

Postby .Q. on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:46 am

Good stuff. A lot of similarities to Bagua w/ the triangle stepping and setting up traps. The world champion kid had some nice footwork. It's kind of interesting he commented on it's safer to keep your hands out for empty hand combat vs weapons combat. I would think it's the opposite.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:19 am

Q - you can get cut all up an down your arms if you leave them out.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby .Q. on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:44 am

greytowhite wrote:Q - you can get cut all up an down your arms if you leave them out.

That's also the answer they gave, but at the same time I'd figure at least your weapon hand should be out in order to intercept ASAP. I assume guys who train this know it better than me, so it's pretty interesting to learn counter-intuitive stuff like that.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 am

.Q. wrote:
greytowhite wrote:Q - you can get cut all up an down your arms if you leave them out.

That's also the answer they gave, but at the same time I'd figure at least your weapon hand should be out in order to intercept ASAP. I assume guys who train this know it better than me, so it's pretty interesting to learn counter-intuitive stuff like that.

I work with Pencak Silat people when I can. They demo exactly why you shouldn't do it. There's no intuition, just practical information. I feel like this kinda thing is fairly common anywhere with a good esoteric Buddhist cultural and martial education.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Return to Video Links