The moderator

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The moderator

Postby roger hao on Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:31 am

Steve - if you're talking to me -
I got nowhere else to go

I don't believe in name calling.it seems like discussion should stop after name-calling. But then again if you want to start screaming obscenities at each other
have at it. But can you address the Moderation then? You are saying it shouldn't
happen?
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:18 pm

I'm talking to everyone who doesn't pay in currency or time to keep this place going. If it's a tea house, the owners have the last say. They're not required for us to like them. The thing is; they're working to keep this thing going by moderating it. That means making decisions. Hey, I've been in discussions that were cut off or locked too. I just don't complain as if someone owes me something. I can vote with my feet if I don't like the discussion or the board.

Nothing personal towards anyone. I just thank the admins for keeping it all going.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Steve James wrote:Nothing personal towards anyone. I just thank the admins for keeping it all going.

Seconded!
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:31 pm

@ Roger

Some here are using the word guest, forgetting what it means to be the host.
The point is that the stated rules are not followed in a consistent, fair way,

While at the same time using said rules to force their own biases on others.

It’s better this way with things out in the open.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Giles on Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Could someone post a link to the "stated rules"? I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes - I checked the "Official News and Communication" but couldn't find anything there. Were we provided with a copy on registering? Too long ago, I can't remember.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:48 pm

I believe the moderator "xxxxx" is St. Snooty. It's all just one letter because typing out a name is difficult when you have no thumbs, and you're exhausted, besides.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Giles wrote:Could someone post a link to the "stated rules"? I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes - I checked the "Official News and Communication" but couldn't find anything there. Were we provided with a copy on registering? Too long ago, I can't remember.

Been There Done That

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted:
1 - My style is better than Your style"
2 - "Internal & External" -
3 - Personal attacks -
4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby denchen on Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Talking of moderation, loved watching the orange man getting effectively no platformed by the major tv networks ( even his own beloved Fox )
after his latest ramblings.
denchen
Mingjing

Postby Steve James on Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:18 pm

It's not "some." It's Steve James, just like it's always been. I'm just another guest who was asked or been invited to join. If the host decides to kick me out, I'm ready. What I won't do is bitch like a toddler because the host doesn't want to hear any more of what I want to say. Don't spread your angst at being silenced, just don't participate. RSF, like it or leave it. Nobody's arm is being twisted to stay. Simple.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Steve James wrote:It's not "some." It's Steve James, just like it's always been. I'm just another guest who was asked or been invited to join. If the host decides to kick me out, I'm ready. What I won't do is bitch like a toddler because the host doesn't want to hear any more of what I want to say. Don't spread your angst at being silenced, just don't participate. RSF, like it or leave it. Nobody's arm is being twisted to stay. Simple.

you do like to project, some means means some,,,as in more then one....
Had I wanted to make it personal I would have done so directly,,,no problem.

What was noted, was that there seemed to be an unspoken bias in moderation, that "some" noted including myself.
Now it's out in the open a good thing no ?

If you and "some" of the others feel a site, exist for itself with out input from its members having different views,
have at it... ;) may be, some people like echos.. :P

Its a two way street.

The host in this case happens to be more akin to a bouncer helping the patrons to keep on track.
Acting in an impartial way...that some including me, questioned the impartiality noting what seemed to be a
parttern...

my last comment on this thread,,,
gotta get some practice/hiking, in before the rain...
later :)
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm

You snowflakes are precious. If this was the oughts, the lin kong jin suckers, right wingers, and science denialists would likely have been shown the door long ago.

It's funny, WW was the first to start using insults in the Covid thread, and Roger asked that the thread be locked or deleted because people were being mean to Trump.

This entire post may be an honest search for clarity, but it just seems to me like a direct antagonization of the admins and mods. What they say goes.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic