Boeing 737

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Boeing 737

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:02 am

grzegorz wrote:Glad to see that Boeing is going down.

Thank you whistleblowers.

I know active military in naval activation who will never fly Boeing. Basically the cooperate culture chose production over safety and we can see the results.

A Boeing from Tehran to Ukraine just went down. We don't know what happened yet but Boeings seem to be going down left and right.

I don't see the connection to this thread as it was likely shot down by accident.

But, I am glad to see that the more info that comes out, the more ridiculous the racist bullshit pedaled earlier in this thread is shown to be the bs it was.

It would be pretty nuts if the Boeing crashed by sheer "chance," though! I hope then get shut down just like I think VW should be banned for their horrible crimes against America.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:00 am

The more I read the more it seems that the new Boeing factory in South Carolina is where production goals became more important than safety.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/world/11 ... -787-plant
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:47 am

Well the latest was shot down
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:08 am

True but despite that over here more and more emails and information has been coming out that Boeing chose production over safety and we are seeing the results as their CEO is tossed out and company has lost the public's confidence.

In the emails the employees themselves say they would never fly their families on a Super Max.

It's the Amazon model. Numbers are everything.

Glad to see that the Iranians take responsibility unlike the Russians.

F@#$ Boeing.

Oh! And F@#$ Trump and his fake ass reality TV war re-election campaign strategy which led to this.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:54 am

It's back, just don't call it Max. ::) Some system improvements and some added pilot training and ground maintenance checks.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/93608091 ... er-service
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 am

Oh, saw that. Will never enter a plane named "737 -7" or "737 -8". The problem is that only 737 will be shown on passenger information and 737 is one of the most common Boeing models. So... :-\
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 am

klonk wrote:It's back, just don't call it Max. ::) Some system improvements and some added pilot training and ground maintenance checks.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/93608091 ... er-service

No bueno. I am not confident in the minimal steps they are taking. I'll be looking up what model I am buying tickets for if I ever get to fly again.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 pm

It wasn't a smart move to change the thrust axis to hang fatter engines on. Boeing underestimated the impact that would have on pilot reactions, and autopilot reactions. An analogous problem occurred with the Lake amphibious airplane. On that one, the engine is too high above the centerline of the airplane instead of too low. After some crashes pointed that out, pilots got a special training ride to fly it.

Special pilot training for problem-child airplanes works wonders. The Mitsubishi MU-2 used to be a pilot killer, not due to thrust axis problems but wing loading above what pilots were used to. A similar problem occurred with the WW-II era B-26.

The answer in each case, above, has been a good thorough checkride that shows when and how the plane misbehaves.
Last edited by klonk on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic