Xingyi Heritage FULL DOCUMENTARY part 1&2

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xingyi Heritage FULL DOCUMENTARY part 1&2

Postby littlepanda on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

An interesting video on different styles of Xingyi and its evolution.

Last edited by littlepanda on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
littlepanda
Anjing

Re: Xingyi Heritage FULL DOCUMENTARY part 1

Postby GrahamB on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:41 am

This is a really good documentary, no doubt. Thanks for making it Will.

Everybody is being nice and respectful in the meetings - as it should be. But when the techniques are done on the 'outsiders' though, they seem a bit less convincing...
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby jbb73 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm

"What is certain known is, that his art is preserved at Shaolin known as Xinyiba."

So I would say, that's a big field of research and opinions, but surely not certain known.

Or what are the doubtless proofs for this?
(And yes, I have heard and read about dozens of them, but at least none of them seem really doubtless to me.)
jbb73
Mingjing

Postby chenyaolong on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:40 am

jbb73 wrote:"What is certain known is, that his art is preserved at Shaolin known as Xinyiba."

So I would say, that's a big field of research and opinions, but surely not certain known.

(And yes, I have heard and read about dozens of them, but at least none of them seem really doubtless to me.)

I'm reading this like a lecturer's feedback on my essay lol. I could probably have worded that line better tbh.

Anyhow, it is something I want to explore more in the future. What is the relationship between Xinyiba and Xinyi Liuhe?
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby Finny on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:28 pm

chenyaolong wrote:
Anyhow, it is something I want to explore more in the future. What is the relationship between Xinyiba and Xinyi Liuhe?

Definitely an interesting topic.

I know you're stuck here in Perth for now, but I was wondering - are you at all planning on making another attempt to film/interview the jouko XYLH folks? I remember you said it was.. tricky.. but was curious.

Great work on the films BTW.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby chenyaolong on Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 am

Finny wrote:
chenyaolong wrote:

Definitely an interesting topic.

I know you're stuck here in Perth for now, but I was wondering - are you at all planning on making another attempt to film/interview the jouko XYLH folks? I remember you said it was.. tricky.. but was curious.

Great work on the films BTW.

I would like to, but my next project is Hebei & Beijing when I can get back to China. I was probably relying on the wrong person to introduce me to them tbh... I reckon if I had the right contact I would be able to arrange some interviews in Zhoukou no problem.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Yes who you stand with reflects how you are received
All through the first series I thought you would be better off on your own
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby jbb73 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:29 pm

chenyaolong wrote:
jbb73 wrote:"What is certain known is, that his art is preserved at Shaolin known as Xinyiba."

I'm reading this like a lecturer's feedback on my essay lol. I could probably have worded that line better tbh.

Sorry, if it sounded crude. My personal point on this definitely quite interesting topic is, that the real proof of Ji Jike´s art preserved as Xinyiba in Shaolin is the (yet not reached at all) goal of tons of research; while I had the impression, you're making it to the starting point.

Anyway, thanks and good luck for your research!
jbb73
Mingjing

Postby chenyaolong on Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:59 am

jbb73 wrote:
Sorry, if it sounded crude. My personal point on this definitely quite interesting topic is, that the real proof of Ji Jike´s art preserved as Xinyiba in Shaolin is the (yet not reached at all) goal of tons of research; while I had the impression, you're making it to the starting point.

Anyway, thanks and good luck for your research!

Nah, wasnt crude. I appreciate honest feedback. Well, I did one documentary on Shaolin, and this is the first of two parts on Xingyi. Now I've put all this together it has created lots of new questions, and I am going to return to Dengfeng to dig deeper at some point.

There are several questions about Xinyiba which need to be asked: what is its oldest verifiable origin, does it really have any direction connection Ji Ji Ke, how much has it been influenced by other Shaolin styles, how much has it been influenced by outside material etc.
chenyaolong
Wuji

Postby littlepanda on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 pm

chenyaolong wrote:
Nah, wasnt crude. I appreciate honest feedback. Well, I did one documentary on Shaolin, and this is the first of two parts on Xingyi. Now I've put all this together it has created lots of new questions, and I am going to return to Dengfeng to dig deeper at some point.

There are several questions about Xinyiba which need to be asked: what is its oldest verifiable origin, does it really have any direction connection Ji Ji Ke, how much has it been influenced by other Shaolin styles, how much has it been influenced by outside material etc.

Can you tell me about the origin of santi shi posture? Li luoneng learnt xingyi from Dai wenxiong but Dai xinyiquan doesn't have santi shi posture. Does it mean li luoneng created santishi posture?
Last edited by littlepanda on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
littlepanda
Anjing

Postby chenyaolong on Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:58 am

littlepanda wrote:Can you tell me about the origin of santi shi posture? Li luoneng learnt xingyi from Dai wenxiong but Dai xinyiquan doesn't have santi shi posture. Does it mean li luoneng created santishi posture?

You'll have to wait for part 2 for that ;) :P
chenyaolong
Wuji

Re: Xingyi Heritage FULL DOCUMENTARY part 2

Postby littlepanda on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:23 am

Last edited by littlepanda on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
littlepanda
Anjing

Re: Xingyi Heritage FULL DOCUMENTARY part 1&2

Postby chenyaolong on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:54 am

Beat me to it!
chenyaolong
Wuji

Return to Video Links