Sink Qi into Dantian

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Sink Qi into Dantian

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Through consistent training to develop a physical and mental state which is relaxed and centered/rooted, combined with correct structural alignment, everything internally and externally will naturally 'sink' to its proper place. We can't usually force this to occur, but can only establish the conditions in mind and body which allow it to occur.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:12 am

For creating conditions, just follow the common starting point of "hold a ball" with your hands. Sit or stand or lie down relaxed, but don't overthink any of the anatomy and structure stuff. After a while (could be minutes, months, or longer), you will have a tangible "energy" feeling. It may be warmth, a "magnetic" sensation, like there is a "real ball", etc. See if (with imagination/intent), this feeling goes to the "bubbling wells" of your feet - same sort of feeling but in the "palms" of your feet. Do tai chi cloud hands slowly. Revisit this basic starting point. Keep going. Don't worry if it goes fast or slow.
Last edited by everything on Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:51 pm

You two guys sound very right. Will definitely try to deepen the hand balls. I've been overthinking a lot of stuff because I was trying to catch up to my progress and adjusting. It does get easier.
Quigga

Postby everything on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:50 am

sorry if you're well beyond that starting point and wanted to talk about other aspects. I don't know anything about the emotional blockage or spiritual or medical aspects others here post about. mainly interested in IMA.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:31 pm

You don't need to be sorry. I'm sorry if I I sounded condescending.
Your exercise idea includes all the things you said you don't know anything about and actually is valuable for me.
A lot of what was happening was and is beyond my rational understanding... I was franatically trying to track what occured to me.

I was also, by extension, trying to simplify many practices. But the reality is it's actually a complex topic...and one I can't seem to get rest on. I feel very strong energetic sensations pulling me in this or that direction... Much of my energy flow is going upwards for different reasons.

I have a Yang surplus and Yin deficit. Will work on my foot balls.
Quigga

Postby everything on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:44 pm

They say Qi wants to flow upward for some reason. So focusing on “sink Qi” and opening downward meridian is important.

You might like the book Qi Healing by Toshihiko Yayama.
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan