qing gong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

qing gong

Postby everything on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:35 am

wth how can this guy be real

https://fb.watch/2sEpQ0YOoo/
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: qing gong

Postby suckinlhbf on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 am

Why haven't we seen him in Olympics?
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:19 am

Qing gong is a thing.

Pretty rare.

I've had a few isolated experiences with it. Only as a phenomena. Given my age all of the bounding involved training this is not good for me so I've never pursued it with any intensity.

Others have more experience with it. He Jing Han supposedly has this ability as well. Some of the Taiwan crew could confirm that perhaps.

As for this guy, part of the video makes it look faked. Particularly the part jumping over chairs. You can see a brief second where it looks like he rebounded off something that was digitally removed.

Others here have brought up the topic with me offline.

If you search qing gong on this board you'll find some commentary from others.

My take away is that the training methodology is not well understood. What little I know about it suggests the timeline for developing the ability far exceeds what is available to an athlete in terms of their competitive lifespan.

Not to mention if you cannot harness the energetic aspect of the training you'll never get the ultimate effect. So that rules out conventional athletics as the exclusive developmental paradigm.
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:06 pm

yes some of that video looks edited/faked to me, but a lot of it looks real (I'm not an expert in editing or jumping, though)
Last edited by everything on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:09 pm

in case you need to cleanse your brain and see some, um, equally impressive aerial abilities
everything
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:13 pm

His feet sure look like they are stepping on something
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:18 am

yeah the chair clip and the second road clip don't look real, as if his foot pushes down on air. but the first two don't seem to have that effect.
everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:07 am

everything wrote:yeah the chair clip and the second road clip don't look real, as if his foot pushes down on air. but the first two don't seem to have that effect.

It's not unusual for long jump competitors to jump over 23 feet. So, I don't think it's fake.
Here's the same guy explaining his jump over chairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmJP960-Xzk

Move inside or outside? Internal or external? Brute force or relaxed? Concentric muscle contraction or eccentric? CMA or MMA? Can one do it or not?
marvin8
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:28 am

damn it's incredible. really nearly unbelievable like walking on air
everything
Wuji

Postby meeks on Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:32 am

one of my teachers in the early 90s had qing gong. he didn't need a run up to get any height. He'd simply stand there and suddenly jump up onto a balcony.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Peacedog on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Cool. That jives with what others have told me.

Any other examples of how high or far he could jump?

I've heard of some people being able to essentially bound, almost like skipping, longer than normal distances and being able to do this for extended periods of time.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:06 pm

World record long jump is just under 30' at 8.95 meters set in 1991. This guy is certainly impressive but I would not consider thing Qing Gong, just real good athletics.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:33 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:World record long jump is just under 30' at 8.95 meters set in 1991. This guy is certainly impressive but I would not consider thing Qing Gong, just real good athletics.

So then, what is the world record long jump or standing vertical jump using Qing Gong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0lqMuGguw
marvin8
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:08 pm

marvin8 wrote:
DeusTrismegistus wrote:World record long jump is just under 30' at 8.95 meters set in 1991. This guy is certainly impressive but I would not consider thing Qing Gong, just real good athletics.

So then, what is the world record long jump or standing vertical jump using Qing Gong?

Beats me. IMO that is a BS question. Qing Gong is ,afaik, "Lightness Skill". This encompasses more than just being able to jump high or far. It is also a skill that supposedly takes a decade of dedicated practice to learn and needs to be started when young. So unless someone wants to find a kid and force them to do a decade of weird exercises you will probably never get an answer. The few might know this skill probably are too old to care about the competitions of youngsters and may have lost a lot of the jumping skills from age anyways.

Basically unless you have done the work to learn the skill yourself or know someone else who has it is pointless to compare the legends and stories to modern examples.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Also I went to the guys youtube channel and he is a professional dunker for basketball. No indication he has ever done chinese training of any kind. Certainly a very impressive athlete and has some cool vidoes if you are into basketball and crazy feats.

DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan