Trump supporters commit sedition

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Trump supporters commit sedition

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Funny, I remember someone asking me on this board not too long ago if I would accept the results of the election. Of course, I knew that was just more projection.

U.S. Capitol In Chaos As Pro-Trump Extremists Breach Building

January 6, 20212:40 PM ET

Demonstrators breeched security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification on Wednesday.
Roberto Schmidt/AFP via Getty Images

The U.S. Capitol was engulfed in chaos on Wednesday, as supporters of President Trump, responding to his call to head there, breached the complex, resulting in violence in the seat of America's federal government.

The surreal and dangerous scene interrupted proceedings in the House and Senate, as members of Congress were tallying President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-e ... t-protests

So, Trump holds a seditious rally and then sends his goons to attack the Capital building? Seems like a clear case of sedition to me. Also, why no griping from the right about rioting? Hypocrisy abounds.

Sedition is a serious felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it.

Impeach and imprison?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Re: Trump supporters commit sedition

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:38 pm

How did they just walk into the capital so easily? They said they were going to do this for weeks, the police knew this was coming....but I guess the troops they brought in for black lives matter protests were all off sick?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:13 pm

GrahamB wrote:How did they just walk into the capital so easily? They said they were going to do this for weeks, the police knew this was coming....but I guess the troops they brought in for black lives matter protests were all off sick?

The cops are largely racist Trump supporters, too. It also sounds like Trump blocked the National Guard from being mustered in a timely fashion (it was Pence who finally called for them, but where are they?).

Note, it was stated that those breaking the 6pm curfew would be arrested. Over an hour later and there have been 13 arrests. Definitely racism and collusion on display.

Here is Trump inciting the crowd today. He is such a blithering idiot he just can't help but throw in as many lies as he can (eg: he claims the wall is done).

文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:42 pm

Sedition is the plan; insurrection is the attempt. So, it might be hard to prove that changing the government was the attempt --as opposed to being a spontaneous act of vandalism. Btw, vandalizing the Capitol probably falls under the same (new) laws that apply to federal statues (10 years iinm).

There are plenty of pictures on social media. I feel sorry for the woman who was killed.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Steve James wrote:Sedition is the plan; insurrection is the attempt. So, it might be hard to prove that changing the government was the attempt --as opposed to being a spontaneous act of vandalism. Btw, vandalizing the Capitol probably falls under the same (new) laws that apply to federal statues (10 years iinm).

There are plenty of pictures on social media. I feel sorry for the woman who was killed.

Perhaps you are unaware that he was planning this, as were all of the Pound Boys and others. Not too hard to prove. Or, you could just look at his speech which I posted for you above.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/see-you-in ... -for-jan-6

As for pedantic semantics, I already posted a definition of sedition above, which should set the criteria just fine for anyone paying attention. That was the legal definition. Here is another, still apt:

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward rebellion against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent toward, or rebellion against, established authority.

Did you see his tweets about the trail run in Michigan? Played out the same way, but with fewer guns but more disruption to democracy.

Trump should be impeached and charged with sedition. I agree that this was probably insurrection by his supporters, too. But, only after months of sedition.
Last edited by Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Not saying I know this - only that social media is buzzing it -

Those arrested are all id'd as antifa and that group is the group that
includes the guy sitting in the chairman chair.

If true it indicates that the stand down of security would be planned
to create a staged event that all the hens could flutter about,
roger hao

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:00 pm

roger hao wrote:Not saying I know this - only that social media is buzzing it -

Right, it was a false flag that the police, military, and Republican legislators were all in on. ::)

At least now we know where you get your information.

RE Antifa: I wouldn't be surprised if there were counter-protesters and that they were the only ones arrested by the facsist police. That would only make things worse and expose your heroes more.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:43 pm

Ian, I agree it is sedition. I don't think you'd be able to convict all the vandals and people who entered the Capitol. The question is one of intent. The prez's remarks about overturning the election are seditious, no doubt. And, I'm sure you've heard that he could argue that he "really believes" what he's saying (i.e., in his state of mind, he wasn't knowingly perpetrating a crime. Ok, I wouldn't buy it it as far as he's concerned. But, a lot of those people are just opportunists.

Oh Roger, sure, it was antifa and probably BLM in whiteface. But, naw, I don't believe antifa people carry US and Confederate flags just to blend with Trump supporters to make them look bad. Usually, they're counter protesting and getting beat up. And, boy o boy, the guy with his feet up on Pelosi's desk sure didn't look like antifa to me.
https://scontent-lga3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=601B0C35
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:54 pm

universal rule:
after doing something that feels good, payment has to be made
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 pm

lolol ::) ::)
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:16 am

At some poitn Roger you're going to have to wake up to the fact that your social media is full of people lying to you and taking away your mental capacity for rational thought.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:48 am

"Facebook has suspended Trump from posting to his account for 24 hours. Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, also locked Trump’s account. Twitter locked Trump out of his account for 12 hours and is requiring him to delete three tweets the company says violates its policies. If he does not delete them, his account will remain suspended indefinitely, the company said in a public statement. If Trump again violates the policies, his account will be permanently suspended from Twitter."

Oh please yes. Just ban him. The most dangerous weapon the Trump cult terrorists/rioters were carrying as they stormed the capital building was their mobile phone.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:50 am

GrahamB wrote:

At some point Roger you're going to have to wake up to the fact that your social media is full of people lying to you and taking away your mental capacity for rational thought.

That sums it up fairly well, I think.

Maybe the person wearing the rubber Giuliani mask at the rally, the one who called for "trial by combat", was also an antifa operative? Or the guy with the orange hair who spoke afterwards? The real Donald Trump was being held captive in a cellar by antifa terrorists while a cloned stooge whipped up the mob in a devious attempt to besmirch the Trump legacy.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:06 am

The essence of the responses from the German political establishment – Chancellor (Merkel), Federal President, Minister of Foreign Affairs – is as follows:

A terrible day for the USA and for the world as a whole, and due to his ongoing claims/lies over the past days, weeks and months Trump bears considerable responsibility for the events, but there is still much faith in American democracy as a whole. Confidence that the USA democratic institutions and traditions are resilient enough to pull through and put this episode behind them. Willingness to cooperate and work with both Democrats and Republicans who accept and uphold the basic principles of democratic elections and governance. Also a belief that the great majority of Americans, also most of those who voted for Trump, don’t support actions like these. So let’s move on.

Privately, I guess that they, like all politicians and indeed just about anybody worldwide who (more or less) supports liberal democracy, are seriously worried. Not about whether Trump will leave office, or about whether he might be re-elected in the future (very unlikely now). But about what this means for democracy as an institution in the USA. If too many people lose faith in the basic system (not the same as viewing aspects of the system critically!) then it won’t work any more. And to paraphrase Churchill: parliamentary democracy sucks big time, but every other system tried out so far has proved even worse.
As I wrote last year, the USA is still mostly seen as a global touchstone in this respect, despite all the accompanying failings.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:09 am

FBI seeking help from public to identify those in Capitol breach
Witnesses were asked to submit any images or videos in relation to possible violations of federal law committed

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-seeking- ... fy-capitol

Social media, do your stuff.
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic