Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby origami_itto on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:18 pm

Bill wrote:Steve
It is disappointing to see that you have bought the lie that Trump incited the mob.
He, in fact, said nothing inciting at all.
Quote for me any thing he said that would incite that crowd to violence.

Why do YOU think they marched to the capitol, broke through the doors, and beat a cop to death?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:06 pm

It is disappointing to see that you have bought the lie that Trump incited the mob.

Ah, but I have not said that Trump incited the mob. I scoffed at the idea of using Orwell, which is strange --but predictable-- coming from the right which specializes in "It wasn't me."

Besides, claiming that Trump incited the mob with his words like "You've got to fight," is a charge that can be debated in a court. Ok, the House just impeached him for exactly that. It's not a court of law, but it will go to the Senate where --unlike his last impeachment-- evidence will be presented and the witnesses will be the judges.

Unfortunately, even if I bought this "lie," at least there's video. I feel sorry for the people who bought Trump's lies (like Pence could do what he wanted) and then they died. I wonder if he's contacted the families of the deceased. Though, the punk said he'd be "right with you" to the people who went to the Capitol. Instead he watched on tv.

Back to Orwell, though, this was a "mob" of people who claim to be "law and order" who tried to overturn an election --some through murder. Don't ask me. Find a video of House minority leader McCarthy; he admits the truth behind the lie that has caused all this.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Origami
The breaking through the windows and doors started just before 1 pm.
Trumps speech ended at about 1:10pm. It's a 1.5 mile walk from the speech site to congress, so that's a good 30 minute walk.
If you look at the video of the group breaking the window you can see one man wearing a helmet and 2 other men wearing helmets under their hoodies. They came prepared to do damage and so I conclude they were not influenced by Trump and spontaneously decided to riot. They came prepared to riot.
As far as I know, no cop was beaten to death, one cop did die after the riot was over but I don' t know if they've released the cause of death yet.
Everyone who broke in deserves to be punished for what they did. Most looked like they were wondering around aimlessly, not knowing what to do once they got inside. A bunch of thugs caused some damage and I did see one disturbing photo of a cop getting beaten outside. That was pretty bad.
Last edited by Bill on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Like I said, there'll be a trial. It's only been 7 days. The last attack on America lasted many years. More people died at the Capitol than at Benghazi. It's not going away. You better believe 1/6 2021 will be at least a memorial day.

Sure. You don't have the information yet. There are still lots of people in the hospital. I ain't gonna argue. However, if they weren't incited or inspired by Trump, the vast majority were there for Trump.

And there were no "Antifa" flags, of course. But there were plenty of neo-Nazi, anti-Jewish, and other insignias there. (I know. "People say" that they were really BLM in disguise. Though, quite a few of them seem to have actually been police officers, sitting and ex-politicians, and the (actual) reports are that even some legislators in the building assisted the rioters.

Trump spoke and they listened. He didn't tell them to riot, maybe, but he did tell them they had to "get rid of Liz Cheney," and they did call Mike Pence a "traitor," erect a gallows, and threaten his life. Ok, it was symbolic and they just had a few too many beers. All fun and games until someone gets trampled to death for a lie. Oh, I forgot. We don't know yet. So, people died for no reason.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:46 pm

::)

I guess you must have not been paying attention for the past five years. He has constantly and consistently incited violence. That is why this was so predictable.

https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol ... ate-speech

By the way, Holocaust deniers often use the same logic. It has been difficult to find primary evidence where Hitler directly ordered the Final Solution. But, he of course bore tremendous responsibility.

The “Intentionalist vs. Functionalist” debate has raged amongst academic historians for decades, centered on
the question of whether Adolf Hitler personally premeditated and instigated the Final Solution, or whether
the idea and its implementation developed more gradually out of a collaborative effort within the ranks of the
Nazi bureaucracy
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:25 am

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:24 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:10 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:58 am

Kayleigh McEnany: Trump Had An All-Female Senior Communications Team Before Biden
McEnany’s claim is misleading, and ignores her own deputy secretaries as well as Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary, who are all men.

Bwahahahaha. Hmm, is an all-female team a good thing or a bad thing, or should it matter?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:39 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:08 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:40 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:17 pm

Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That