Trump and Vacinations

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump and Vacinations

Postby Trick on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 pm

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:Yes, report me on an politician who does not lie....
Ok he(donald)might himself have come up with an lie about being vaccinated, if so then good he not made his fake vaccination into an big publicity stunt 8-)

I didn't even mention vaccinations. :-\

Just wanted to steer back to that part of the topic 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 pm

Steve James wrote: Harris got the vaccine last year, publicly. I don't blame her one bit for saying --before the election-- that she wouldn't take a vaccine on Trump's say so. Waiting for the experts to approve the vaccine is just common sense.

Yes it’s common sense, so she didn have to say anything on it ?
Trick

Postby roger hao on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:52 am

Steve -
The point is that Kamala cast doubt on the vaccine for
political reasons. That doubt would motivate many people to NOT get vaccinated.
It is a stupid statement to begin with because the vaccine would not be
available if not approved by experts.
roger hao

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 am

Trick, your implication that we should stop talking about Trump because he isn't president anymore doesn't make much sense. First, he is still controlling the Republican party (did you see CPAC?). He is also still denying he lost and many, many of his crazy supporters believe this. So, of course people are going to be talking about him.

Roger's posts are typically confused. Harris, as much as I don't like her, cast doubt on Trump, not the vaccine. I can see how it could be easily construed as the latter, but then you just look at her actions and the polls of people aligned with her vs those who are not.

Fortunately, more and more people are willing to get vaccinated.

I will say this: if I were a Republican, I'd be showing graphs that show no dramatic increase in the climb of the rate of inoculations since Biden's inauguration. Hopefully, that will change after he passes his watered down covid bill.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:53 am

The point is that Kamala cast doubt on the vaccine for political reasons.

That's simply not true. She wasn't talking about the vaccine. She was talking about whose word she'd take about it. Moreover, it was at a Political debate before an election, and as yet there was no viable vaccine. Saying that she didn't trust Trump could not discourage anyone from taking a vaccine that didn't exist yet.

If there had been a vaccine, and she refused to take it, that would be discouraging. However, when the vaccine did become available --after the election-- she took it publicly. So, your argument has no point. Why hasn't Trump showed pictures of him, Melania, and family, lifting up their sleeves to get the vaccine? You know why. It's for "political reasons."

Anyway, I wouldn't have taken a shot on Trump's say so. I wouldn't go without a mask or take hydroxychloroquine on his word, either. I consider anyone who would to be foolish --especially since Trump, himself, is going to take the advice of the doctors at Walter Reed.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:40 pm

. Trick, your implication that we should stop talking about Trump because he isn't president anymore doesn't make much sense. First, he is still controlling the Republican party (did you see CPAC?). He is also still denying he lost and many, many of his crazy supporters believe this. So, of course people are going to be talking about him.
No no, of course talks on Donald can continue I’m not suggesting ppl to stop talk....I just said that as I predicted that the continued “hate speak” toward his persona will continue and makes not much sense now when there’s a new Ruler....Don’t you guys want to look forward rather than backward with the new government, especially if one is a voter of it ?
Trick

Postby bailewen on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:41 am

Bill wrote:From Yahoo.com
Trump received the antibody cocktail beginning Oct. 2. Dec. 31 is exactly 90 days from the date it was announced he got the treatment, but he continued to receive it thereafter. On Dec. 17, a White House official told CNN that the president is still reaping the benefits of his COVID treatment, noting that once he reaches the appropriate window to receive the vaccination, he likely will. It's not clear, however, when that is.

Oh look, nothing to see here. Old news.

Legit question here. I don't quote get what is the implication here?

I'm actually confused why this is a thing or what it is :P
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:45 am

p.s.
Actually, I don't even quite get why him taking the vaccine in January is significant tbh.

Was it not officially out yet I guess? But it was in trials right? So even the one being used publicly now was presumably "done" back then, just not officially approved. Is that the news? That he took the vaccine when it was not officially available?

I'm actually more confused by the fact that he would take it at all after he had caught COVID. I'm not talking about the monoclonal antibody treatment. I just mean, if had already caught it, wouldn't he be most likely immune, at least for a while, anyways?

Honestly confused what the hubub is about
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:26 am

Was it not officially out yet I guess? But it was in trials right? So even the one being used publicly now was presumably "done" back then, just not officially approved. Is that the news? That he took the vaccine when it was not officially available?

Naw. In November, one of the drug companies announced that a vaccine would be available by the end of the year --pending FDA approval. I don't recall whether it was Phizer or AstraZeneca, but the first vaccinations happened around mid-December. Anyway, Biden, Harris, members of Congress, health care workers, and eligible people began getting publicized shots around that time.

So, what's the big deal about Trump? To me, it's funny that he and his family received the vaccine privately. The reason is because he's personally politicized the issue to the point where wearing a mask, following a guideline, or getting the vaccine is a political statement. His supporters have been the most adamantly opposed to those measures, many agreeing that it is an overblown hoax. Yet, while they're arguing, look who gets the special antiviral cocktails and steroidial treatments.

I have no problem with him getting the vaccine. I even get that it was prescibed after he had overcome covid. I think the hoaxer taking it is just ironic. But, since he did, I think it would have been great for him to do it publicly. His people would listen to him. It's not what Harris said about taking his advice. It's about his failed opportunity to offer good advice. The fact that he didn't do it publicly supports Harris's position about how much she would trust Trump.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:38 am

I think I was partly thrown by the fact that it was Bill who posted it and how he framed it ("nothing to see here")

I mean on the scale of Trump scandals, this barely qualifies. It's like a 2.0 on the Richter scale. Doesn't even seem newsworthy. And then since I know Bill is very right wing, I guess I sort of assumed it was supposed to imply something stupid about the left? Like some sort of "don't you feel silly now?"

But I just didn't get the joke, if there was one. And I actually don't know how Bill feels about Trump. I mean, his avatar used to be Dick Cheney, so maybe he's a never Trumper or just very anti-trump. I mean, Liz Cheney never got on board the Trump train and although I disagree with Bill on politics, he strikes me more as a "classic conservative" more than one of today's right wing lunatics. Maybe I assumed to much.
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:03 am

Well, it's nowhere near a scandal. Taking the vaccine was the right thing to do. There are people who will believe (or defend) anything Trump says. Regardless of politics, if he'd been publicly shown getting the vaccine, or if he'd not called the virus a hoax, the entire situation here would be different. And, the easiest way would have simply been to tell the truth at the time.

Bill pointed out that getting the vaccine was recommended by the CDC and doctors for people who'd had the virus. His supporters should listen to the people the exprez did when it came to his own health, and he should give them his very best advice.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:34 am

How about this. Who's getting the vaccine? There's a 24/7 operation going on at Yankee Stadium (near me). So, they have the J&J one shot vaccine, and I'll get it this week. I could get it earlier, but the appointments available are between 1am and 4:30am. I'm too lazy.

Has anyone gotten the vaccine yet?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:08 pm

i got the moderna one last friday around 3:30. felt like shit all weekend till about noon sunday. hoping the second dose isn't as bad...

jimmy
Wuji

Postby shenxinhei on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:49 pm

Second Moderna shot is way worse than the first. Just had second one two days ago and closed my clinic yesterday because I anticipated feeling awful. Good choice.
shenxinhei
Santi

Postby Trick on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:10 pm

Yes most will probably feel quite bad from the Crispr DNA altering Covid vaccine...however a few exceptional strong ones will probably go on as usual, wasn’t Donald up and around at the golf course in just a day or so ? Ok, that might actually tell he was fakely vaccinated.....has the Gates gotten their shots yet?
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic