beard'n boxing

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

beard'n boxing

Postby Trick on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:04 am

scientists take on beard and boxing(no mention on beard and wrestling/grappling, wouldnt a bushy beard be very grabable?) https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-ev ... ds-0013755
Trick

Re: beard'n boxing

Postby Quigga on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:07 am

Yeah, I think if you're good enough you can let your beard and hair dangle as a sort of lure. Once they grab you, you know where they are. Oh haha :D I get it now.

I wonder what the energetic purpose of hair is... Sort of like an antenna? Guang Gong with raised beard and head hair comes to mind. I also know that Daoists like to bundle their hair up with pins to raise the Bai Hui.

Ah, maybe the hair search for the signal location and the skin regulates whether you draw in or push out. Oh, another dimension for Peng Jin. Very nice.
Quigga

Postby Trick on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:06 am

Yes I’ve heard about that, that hair works as some kind of energy(Qi?j receiver/antennas...
I have never sported a beard, but have hairy limbs, and they are energized,the hair on my arms and legs also serv as good mosquito protection,..so, yes perhapsa beard can protect against floating butterflies who stings like bees..
Last edited by Trick on Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby greytowhite on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:53 am

Blood is the Sea of Qi. Hair is the end of the blood. Look at He Jinbao - does your hair move? It's kind of an extension of being able to pull my ears up and back. Easiest way I found to practice that is to pull your glasses up your nose with your ears only. Basically as the various energies rise - they get pushed up and out into the field.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:01 am

i can make my hair on my limbs move(raise and back), this "skill"got harnessed from correct ZZ practice, no it was not a sought after skill, it just came along when one mindfully stear around the electricity in the neuralsystem...........perhaps one can swing a beard in this way too 8-)
Last edited by Trick on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trick

Postby Quigga on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:20 am

Trick wrote:Yes I’ve heard about that, that hair works as some kind of energy(Qi?j receiver/antennas...
I have never sported a beard, but have hairy limbs, and they are energized,the hair on my arms and legs also serv as good mosquito protection,..so, yes perhapsa beard can protect against floating butterflies who stings like bees..

Ok, my chi pumps are working now! ???

Becoming a pro in MMA was one thing on my list of suitable attempts at.... ;D

I'm scared about my health though, TBH. But since it's not just about me anymore... The healthiest way (for me) would be to end the fight as quick as possible. How would MMA react to maliciousness? Would I want to fight either scared or malicious opponents? I don't know, we will see.

Lots of suitable gyms in my immediate surroundings...BJJ, striking... Just have to attach to a heavily frequented ski lift towards public veneration, then infiltrate the majority movement and change thought.

I need much better health to do this.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:26 am

greytowhite wrote:Blood is the Sea of Qi. Hair is the end of the blood. Look at He Jinbao - does your hair move? It's kind of an extension of being able to pull my ears up and back. Easiest way I found to practice that is to pull your glasses up your nose with your ears only. Basically as the various energies rise - they get pushed up and out into the field.

Yeung's and Bao's thread on Qi as a all permeating field was very helpful. You helped with the boundaries.

My hair did move. Feels like a lot of cultivated intent.
Ears are at attention, sir!
You wearing glasses as well?

Big circulation, A OK.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:28 am

Trick wrote:i can make my hair on my limbs move(raise and back), this "skill"got harnessed from correct ZZ practice, no it was not a sought after skill, it just came along when one mindfully stear around the electricity in the neuralsystem...........perhaps one can swing a beard in this way too 8-)

I hope for everyone involved that no beard be dangling down there!
Quigga

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:44 am

Quigga wrote:
Trick wrote:Yes I’ve heard about that, that hair works as some kind of energy(Qi?j receiver/antennas...

Ok, my chi pumps are working now! ???

Becoming a pro in MMA was one thing on my list of suitable attempts at.... ;D

I'm scared about my health though, TBH. But since it's not just about me anymore... The healthiest way (for me) would be to end the fight as quick as possible. How would MMA react to maliciousness? Would I want to fight either scared or malicious opponents? I don't know, we will see.

Lots of suitable gyms in my immediate surroundings...BJJ, striking... Just have to attach to a heavily frequented ski lift towards public veneration, then infiltrate the majority movement and change thought.

I need much better health to do this.

i will not try to understand this post......i dont want to get grayhaired yet
Trick

Postby roger hao on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:55 am

Trick -

roger hao

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 am

sorry Roger i cant aee Youtube
Trick

Postby Quigga on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:14 pm

Woops I'm sorry, I will try to channel my narcissistic side in a more productive way.

Edit: The n word is hard

Now I will banish my inner trolls.
You try to prove to others what you can't believe yourself. Weird thing huh.
Last edited by Quigga on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quigga

Postby Rav420 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Last edited by Rav420 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rav420
Santi

Postby Quigga on Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:05 pm

Damn I was in a bad mental state.
Quigga

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan