The Xinjiang Cotton industry and sanctions

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Xinjiang Cotton industry and sanctions

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:57 pm

GrahamB wrote:In a further blow to Bao's credibility, UK MPs declare China is committing genocide against Uyghurs in Xinjiang.

"Nigel Adams, the Asia minister, admitted there was credible evidence of widespread use of forced labour, internment camps, and the targeting of ethnic groups. The actions amounted to clear and systematic abuse of human rights, but he said the UK’s longstanding position was that determining genocide is for “competent national and international courts”."

That guy heads the - Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)

And here’s what they do -
. The FCDO is the UK government department responsible for protecting and promoting British interests around the world. They work in the UK and in 178 countries and territories.
Of course the UK wants its empire, and they try all foul tricks and bad mouthing and lying to get it back, they are sour cause they couldn’t take china, first they tried to push cotton picked by their slaves in India to the Chinese, China wouldn’t want to have anything to do with that, then they pushed and smuggled opium into China, China fought back....and now their back to cotton again, but this time they’re pushing lies about it....
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:23 pm

Trick, Bao and Michael - you guys are just natural friends. It must be a strange world you live in. -toast-
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Hey, don't put me with those guys. They're crazy!
Michael

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 pm

As i follow the Swedish news and I see that place changed to crazy, Texas I don’t know much about, they have failing windmills just next to oil pumps I read, if that crazy or not I have no opinion. Here at my place in China it’s pretty good, tonight’s dinner I’ll go to the local Muslim joint owned and run by an Uighur family it’s warm here today so probably will have a couple of beers from Xinjiang with my dinner
Trick

Postby Bao on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 am

Strange World? No, but sad.

Sad to see how ignorant people choose to be.

Oh, and BTW... It's Michael who is the crazy one.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:54 am

How about hating to leave the union while supporting the separatist movement...hows that for a strange world
Trick

Postby Michael on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:01 am

Texas I don’t know much about, they have failing windmills just next to oil pumps I read,

Fake news, bro. Nobody would be stupid enough to change their power grid in order to make it dependent upon easily freezable moving parts like that.

-lol-
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic