Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Implants to save us are on the way, hurray - https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/85704 ... ct-viruses
Trick

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 pm

Those are totally benevolent, risk-free, necessary devices that are not meant to increase your submission to state-mandated medical intervention.
Michael

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 pm

With it we can make the great reset smoothly
Trick

Postby Giles on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:46 am

"Seconds away, Round 24!" ;)

roger hao wrote:You would have to be suffering from sensory deprivation to not see
or hear the buzz about ivermectin.

"In November 2020, a systematic review found weak evidence of benefit when ivermectin is used as an add-on therapy for people with non-severe COVID-19.[62] A randomized controlled trial (RCT) of 24 patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors found no difference in PCR-positive nasal swabs nor in viral load between patients who received ivermectin and those given placebo, thus failing the primary outcome of the study.[63] Merck, the company from which the drug originated, has said that there is no good evidence ivermectin is plausible or effective as a drug used against COVID-19, and that attempting such use may be unsafe.[64]

As of January 2021, the U.S. National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines state that the evidence for ivermectin is too limited to allow for a recommendation for or against its use.[65] Ivermectin is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for anti-viral use.[65] Additional evidence from RCTs and dose-response studies are needed.[66] At least 45 such trials were listed as of January 2021.[63]

It was reported in June 2020 that despite the absence of high-quality evidence to suggest any efficacy, use of ivermectin for prevention or treatment of early-stage COVID-19 has become increasingly widespread especially in Latin America, raising concerns about self-medication, safety, and the feasibility of future clinical trials.[67][68] In response, the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency, Brazilian Society of Infectious Diseases, and Brazilian Thoracic Society all issued position statements in July[69] or January 2021[70][71] advising against the use of ivermectin for this purpose. Furthermore, the government of Peru rescinded a previous recommendation for the use of ivermectin (alongside azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine) in hospitalized patients,[72] although as of January 2021 it is still prescribed for outpatient use.[73]
In March 2021, both the FDA and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) issued guidance that ivermectin should not be used to treat or prevent COVID-19.[74][75] After reviewing the evidence on ivermectin the EMA said that "the available data do not support its use for COVID-19 outside well-designed clinical trials".[75] Ivermectin is not authorized for use to treat COVID-19 within the European Union.[75] In the United Kingdom the national COVID-19 Therapeutics Advisory Panel determined that the evidence base and plausibility of ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment were insufficient to pursue further investigations.[76] The WHO say that ivermectin should not be used to treat COVID-19 except in a clinical trial.[77]"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermecti ... ndications

Two possible conclusions:

1. Ivermectin is actually a safe and effective option for treating Covid-19, but the truth is being suppressed by a huge, greed-driven conspiracy that major medical authorities all over the world are complicit in !!! :o

2. Sadly, Ivermectin is not an effective option for treating Covid-19.

Ivermectin supporters are claiming greed as the reason for suppression.

I'm sure they are.

Bill needs that next billion - right?

No, actually he doesn't.

Who needs a 90 day vaccine if there is a good cheap therapy?

Please feel free not to get vaccinated and to take Ivermectin instead if you contract the original variant of Covid-19 or one of the more virulent, dangerous mutated variants now increasingly appearing.

Willing to bet your life on this?
Or 'just' the chance of debilitating Long Covid?

-- But I hope you don't contract anything, Roger. Seriously. I enjoy sparring, I don't wish any harm.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:37 am

Hmm, people hydroxychloroquine was a cure; Mike Lindell said oleandrin was "100% effective" against covid; now, ivermectin is the cure. So, we have all these cures for a virus almost no one dies from. Therefore, we shouldn't take the vaccine because it won't stop people from getting the virus or help people who've had the disease. And, masks won't help people who haven't caught it. Right.

Imo, the reason we close our mouths when we cough or sneeze is to stop spreading our germs and viruses. That's whether or not we actually have a cold or flu. It could just be allergies. It's common sense courtesy to others. So, if you've had covid, cover your mouth; you might not even know that you have it; cover your mouth; but, you got the vaccine; cover your mouth. Do what you can.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:53 am

India reported a global record of more than 314,000 new infections in a single day on Thursday, and its dramatic spike in new infections shows no signs of slowing down.

The past seven days has consistently brought more than 200,000 new daily infections, raising the total number of cases to more than 16 million. It's the fastest pace of spreading infections and the highest daily increase in coronavirus cases the world has seen yet, and it's pushing India further into a deepening and deadly healthcare crisis.

Let's put India's second wave in context: India's rolling seven-day average is currently more than 265,000. That's nearly three times what it was this time in February.

New cases have seen a steep increase since January, which is partly due to lockdowns being lifted, state elections, religious festivals, a new variant of COVID-19, as well as its massive 1.4 billion population.

What happens is that the enormous spread of the virus will result in more mutated varieties that may be resistant to the current vaccines. India's problem is also our problem.

Brazil is being called the place where covid kills the young.

Like in most countries, the pandemic in Brazil hit the elderly and immuno-compromised first and hardest. But in the past couple of months, the nation that has stood out as nearly a worst-case-scenario for caseloads, deaths and public policy, has shown where the global plague may be headed: for the young.

In March, 3,405 Brazilians aged 30 to 39 died from Covid, almost four times the number in January. Among those in their 40s, there were about 7,170 fatalities, up from 1,840, and for those 20-29, deaths jumped to 880 from 245. Those under 59 now account for more than a third of Covid deaths in Brazil, according to research firm Lagom Data. As the elderly get vaccinated, their deaths have fallen by half.

There are many causes for the alarming shift but one appears to be that the young have trouble accepting they are at risk.

“Because they’re young and the virus first infected the elderly population, they don’t believe or don’t want to believe that it can be serious,” said Dr. Suzana Morais, a cardiologist in Rio de Janeiro. “I’ve seen many young patients who are surprised. Others are aware but take risks.”

In the US, more elderly people have been or are being vaccinated and reports of cases have gone down. It could be true that the virus is just going away, or what's been done has improved what's happening. However, there are clearly places doing a lot worse.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:08 am

With it we can make the great reset smoothly

That is the highest aim a Global Citizen can aspire to.

May the Great Physician Bill Gates invite you into the Heavenly Realm, where you can also be adorned in the Holy Vestments of a galactic larper:

Michael

Postby roger hao on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:38 am

It is tragic that people have died or been permanently disabled.

Understand that it does not mean that the CDC understands the causes.
Also understand that many people died due to incorrect therapy.

I am plan to take a dose of ivermectin today.
It seems that Li Zhi Shen is also ineffective but I used it to good effect.
Hydroxychloroquine - check - used it also.
CPAK - check - used it also
Vitamin D - yep

I had personal success with these things.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 am

I had personal success with these things.

:) Everyone who didn't get the disease (have) had personal success, though.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:17 am

Meanwhile, in New Delhi, India: city blocks turned into crematoria.
[url]https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-23/new-delhi-mass-cremations-begin-as-india-capital/100089794?utm_medium=social&utm_content=sf245225441&utm_campaign=fb_abc_news&utm_source=m.facebook.com&sf245225441=1&fbclid=IwAR1u7CADWTerhTRbymE9L96RutbglfFvFTCCtpKxqI7pZ3apyIS1fnZ9Ul4
[/url]

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:58 am

Steve -
Like elephant repellent joke?

Kinda dumb response by you - you think we are taking CPAK as prophylactic?
OK - think what you want.
I can't take you seriously until you denounce Gov Cuomo.
roger hao

Postby Peacedog on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:39 am

Except the numbers in Brazil and India have to be taken in perspective of their populations.

For example...

"Like in most countries, the pandemic in Brazil hit the elderly and immuno-compromised first and hardest. But in the past couple of months, the nation that has stood out as nearly a worst-case-scenario for caseloads, deaths and public policy, has shown where the global plague may be headed: for the young.

In March, 3,405 Brazilians aged 30 to 39 died from Covid, almost four times the number in January. Among those in their 40s, there were about 7,170 fatalities, up from 1,840, and for those 20-29, deaths jumped to 880 from 245. Those under 59 now account for more than a third of Covid deaths in Brazil, according to research firm Lagom Data. As the elderly get vaccinated, their deaths have fallen by half.

There are many causes for the alarming shift but one appears to be that the young have trouble accepting they are at risk.

“Because they’re young and the virus first infected the elderly population, they don’t believe or don’t want to believe that it can be serious,” said Dr. Suzana Morais, a cardiologist in Rio de Janeiro. “I’ve seen many young patients who are surprised. Others are aware but take risks.”

Even if 3,400 Brazilians aged 30-39 died every month for a full year that would be roughly 41,000 people. However Brazilians in that age demographic make up roughly 34% of the population in a country of roughly 214 million. So, that gives a Brazilian aged 30-39 roughly a .0567% chance of dying from Covid-19 assuming all 3,400 of those deaths were in fact from Covid-19 and the death rate stayed at that level for the entire year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/795 ... ge-brazil/

https://www.worldometers.info/world-pop ... 0mi%202%29.

Is this a novel form of death in the country? Sure. Is it something people need to freak out about? No.

If you are overweight and above 80 years of age it is a real killer. But that age already exceeds the median age of death in the country.

https://www.worldometers.info/demograph ... ographics/

And I particularly dislike the whole "number of new infections" line as 200k new infections in a population of 1.4 billion as in India is insignificant.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-pop ... opulation/

It's an airborne aerosolized virus. The only thing that even slows that down is a MOPP level 4 suit and I don't see many people walking around wearing one of those.

https://www.446aw.afrc.af.mil/News/Art/ ... 000500429/

The reality is the disease is here, it is going to kill off everyone who is particularly susceptible and it is not going away. As has been the case many times throughout human history. Luckily we can get better at treating it. After a year of largely ineffective mask wearing theater and shutdowns, it is time to get on with it and get back to life.

I especially don't like the complete lack of accountability for the jerks the caused this problem in the first place.

When do clowns like Fauci who paid for gain of function research in China against the direction of the Obama Administration get held accountable? Why is that guy even in government at this point, let alone walking around free?

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backe ... ch-1500741
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:23 am

Roger, I have no idea what you're taking. I'm just not taking any of the cures you've suggested --because I'm doing fine so far.

Peacedog, yeah the reality is that the virus is here. My point about India is really that other parts of the world are canaries in the coal mine. People haven't seemed to grasp that it's a pandemic. As long as it's somewhere, it'll spread. Last year, people were saying we wouldn't record 50K deaths. Let's see where it stands next year.

How it started may be someone's fault, but how it ends is up to "us."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:56 pm

So, is this the third wave of Covidiots?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Steve -

I thought you were trying to invalidate my post like you always strive to do.

"Everyone who didn't get the disease (have) had personal success, though"

I thought that this meant that I advised those things as prophlyactic
and that I had no first hand experience. Wasn't that it?
You have no idea what I am taking but you seem to know my medical history.

Elephant joke -
I got a new elephant repellent.
Is it working?
Do you see any elephants?
roger hao

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That