Fu Zhongwen's 4 disciples

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Fu Zhongwen's 4 disciples

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 am

co-lee wrote:There is stuff that I've learned and that I teach that will be misunderstood w/o a significant time investment on the parts of both the teacher and the student. So, that material is reserved for "indoor" students -- the ones that stick around and put the effort in. That's how I was taught it.

It is important to be careful of what's taught. Because teaching carelessly and studying carelessly is to teach and learn incorrectly.

Agreed completely. 8-)

Experiential learning through serious study and practice is crucial to achieving expertise in any martial art, but so is the quality of instruction and training, as these factors ultimately determine the results of personal efforts.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Pennykid on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Looking at the title of this thread, I'm curious if Fu Zhongwen is known to have produced a number of highly skilled students. The only evaluation I've ever read or heard was Stephen Yan's poor impression of Fu Shengyuan's push hands abilities.
Who are the respected taiji players from this line today?
Pennykid
Anjing

Postby Rhen on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:25 am

Pennykid wrote:Who are the respected taiji players from this line today?

From what I can tell, in Australia in Perth is his grandson Fu Qingquan, In Newcastle, Aussie Damon Bramich and his student Miciah both have competed and won in several international push hands events. In USA Fu zhongwen's student from Shanghai He Weiqi formerly of the Shanghai Wushu team was the Yongnian President in America, she produced many good push hands competitiors that won major events there in the 90's.
Rhen

Postby Pennykid on Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Thanks, Rhen.

I was curious because there's a fellow over here in New Zealand, Marcus Zhao, who was a student of Fu Zhongwen and then a disciple of Fu Shengyuan, and I was just wondering if he was worth checking out. Seems like he might be.
Pennykid
Anjing

Postby Rhen on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:58 am

Pennykid wrote:Thanks, Rhen.

I was curious because there's a fellow over here in New Zealand, Marcus Zhao, who was a student of Fu Zhongwen and then a disciple of Fu Shengyuan, and I was just wondering if he was worth checking out. Seems like he might be.

He has a nice website, thanks.
Rhen

Previous

Return to Video Links