Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Crazy (and not-so-crazy) shit about Covid-19

Postby Giles on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:36 pm

oragami_itto wrote:So, [Windwalker], you're doubling down on

1) a secret cabal of powerful elites is controlling a vast majority of world scientists and forcing them to suppress the use of a cheap and effective and readily available drug to treat a life threatening disease

On the basis of WW's most recent post, it seems to me too that really is his conclusion. Which, to follow Prufrock, would "lead you to an overwhelming question":

WHY do you think the elites are doing this, Windwalker? What's the reason, the rationale, behind such a policy?
Last edited by Giles on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:25 pm

this is a conspiracy theory as long as utoob allows it to be viewed:

https://youtu.be/On5RYFbcxWY
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:39 pm

No need to depend on the tube :)

https://rumble.com/vnbq1p-pfizer-scient ... cinat.html

Double Vaccinated Emmy Winner Dies of Covid-19 Two Weeks After Attending Award Ceremony with Unmasked Celebrities

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health said the maskless Emmys were not in violation of the county’s mask mandate because “exceptions are made for film, television, and music productions” since “additional safety modifications” are made for such events.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/1 ... lebrities/

good to know.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:44 am

BruceP wrote:this is a conspiracy theory as long as utoob allows it to be viewed:

https://youtu.be/On5RYFbcxWY

Yes, we're all fools falling for the lies and propaganda, according to the established liars with a track record of deceptively editing secretly recorded video to serve a conservative agenda. You really nailed us on that one.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... kweMpoFW5a

What is Project Veritas?
Project Veritas is a conservative media organization dedicated to secretly infiltrating progressive
organizations to produce unflattering and often selectively edited videos. Project Veritas operates under
the guise of citizen journalism, but serves a conservative political agenda without adhering to basic
journalistic ethics. The organization was founded by James O’Keefe, a protégé of Andrew Breitbart, in
Project Veritas has frequently been criticized for editing its videos to deceive its audience and
misrepresent its subjects. New York magazine described O’Keefe’s ACRON videos as having been “edited
in a highly misleading way.”
A 2010 investigation into the ACORN videos by former California Attorney
General Jerry Brown, found that O’Keefe’s videos were “severely edited,” and an accompanying press
release described O’Keefe as a “partisan zealot.”2
In 2016, Andrew Seaman—chair of the Society of
Professional Journalists’ ethics committee—wrote that O’Keefe is “not an ethical journalist” and has a
“history of distorting facts or context.”3
Project Veritas’ deceptive editing has been a source of continuing legal trouble for the group, which is
currently fighting at least two defamation lawsuits filed by individuals featured in its videos, and has
paid three settlements to individuals who brought defamation claims.
Previous targets:
Project Veritas and James O’Keefe have targeted a number of high-profile progressive organizations in
their sting operations.
 ACORN: In 2009, O’Keefe produced videos appearing to show ACORN employees advising
O’Keefe on tax matters for purported sex trafficking and prostitution schemes. O’Keefe’s videos
were heavily edited, and ACORN was cleared of any wrongdoing by the Brooklyn district
attorney.4
The videos were politically damaging, and caused Congress to suspend funding to the
group, which filed for bankruptcy in 2010.
 Planned Parenthood: Project Veritas operatives have repeatedly targeted Planned Parenthood,
releasing videos claiming that Planned Parenthood staff failed to report statutory rape and
suggesting that they took donations from operatives posing as racists.
 Teachers Unions: Project Veritas has targeted several NEA and AFT affiliates. In 2016, it released
three videos taken at the United Federation of Teachers and White Plains Teachers Association
offices, in which operatives described a fake scenario of a potentially inappropriate disciplinary
action between a teacher and student. Project Veritas has also posted sting videos dealing with potentially inappropriate student discipline, often involving fake scenarios created by Project
Veritas operatives. Such videos were released with footage taken of staff and leaders from the
Yonkers Federation of Teachers, United Teachers of Wichita, and United Educators of San
Francisco. Project Veritas has targeted the New Jersey Education Association, infiltrating its
annual conference and releasing several undercover videos.
 Democratic Party: Project Veritas operatives have been caught trying to infiltrate campaign
offices of Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and Russ Feingold. Undercover videos, filmed at the
state campaign offices of both Clinton and Sanders, were released in 2016. Project Veritas has
also targeted consultants for the Democratic Party.
Conservative funding, ties to anti-union donors:
Project Veritas had revenue of $3.7 million in 2015, the year for which its most recent public tax filings
are available. While most of its donors have not been publicly disclosed, we know that Donors Trust, the
Koch-related foundation that has been called the “dark-money ATM of the conservative right,” has
contributed over $2.1 million since 2012. Donors Trust is funded by anonymous contributions from
Koch-network donors, which reportedly include Betsy DeVos and her husband. Donald Trump is also a
donor to Project Veritas, contributing $10,000 in 2015. Trump referenced O’Keefe’s videos during the
presidential debates, and Donald Trump Jr. has tweeted about Project Veritas videos.

Project Veritas also has links to groups that want to take down teachers unions. Denis Calabrese,
president of the Laura and John Arnold Foundation, is a known Project Veritas donor. The Laura and
John Arnold Foundation is also a major funder of efforts to end defined-benefit pension plans for
teachers. Project Veritas board member Colin Sharkey is the executive vice president of the Association
of American Educators, a nonunion teachers organization funded by conservative nonprofits as a way of
weakening teachers unions.

Yeah, champions of the truth, or liars bankrolled by the Koch brothers?

We report, you decide.

Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:01 am

windwalker wrote:No need to depend on the tube :)

Double Vaccinated Emmy Winner Dies of Covid-19 Two Weeks After Attending Award Ceremony with Unmasked Celebrities

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health said the maskless Emmys were not in violation of the county’s mask mandate because “exceptions are made for film, television, and music productions” since “additional safety modifications” are made for such events.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/1 ... lebrities/

good to know.

Ah, it's all clear now. The global conspiracy is all to force you to wear a mask while celebrities don't. How could I not see that sooner? This is indeed insidious.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:04 pm

I have responded already to the natural infection study from Israel (see 8/27/21 & 9/4/21 posts), but since this issue has resurfaced let me provide some additional information. I have only checked this for the state that I live in (NC, USA), so readers would need to check the data for their own locations.

Out of a population of ~10.4 million, through Sept. 2021 there have been ~1.4 million confirmed COVID cases (~1 in every 7 or 8 people); and of those confirmed cases, there have been ~10.8 thousand confirmed reinfections (~1 in 130 of those who had already been infected got reinfected). Natural infection does appear to provide a good immune response for at least 3 months post recovery, but protection then declines unless boosted by a subsequent vaccine (there were only 200 reported reinfections of individuals who got natural infections, recovered, and then got vaccinated before getting reinfected - but unknown to me is the percentage of those who recovered from initial natural infections who got subsequent vaccinations).

To restate what I had previously written, to obtain natural infection protection, one would need to survive their initial infection without the reduction in severity provided by being vaccinated. In NC, ~16,800 people (including 94 reinfected individuals) failed to recover from their infections (~1 out of every 600 people living in NC; or ~1 out of every 84 confirmed infections; nationally the number is ~1 out of every 500 people living in the USA have died from COVID complications). If these odds sound good to you, or if you think that you have superior natural immunity, or if you think that you are luckier than other people, or if you believe that your trust in God will help your odds, or if you think that the pandemic is almost over, etc., then perhaps you can survive avoiding getting vaccinated. If you DO get infected, I sincerely hope that you do not infect anyone else.
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:29 pm

Oh, well that's just great. Now we're going to have another cycle of conspiracy theories fuelled by the baseless assumption that those pfizer scientists know what they're talking about.

I can see it now, they'll be spreading the misinformed notion that millions of people have been infected and re-infected by the covids an unknown number of times and remained asymptomatic the entire time because their natural immunity and general health allowed them to skate the infection.

And I'll get lumped in with those people because I choose to remain neutral and noncommittal in my stance on this whole mess.

Hermann G. will continue to lob his dirty irony diapers at me with his hypocrite cannon, and continue to miss with every salvo - "why won't this simple-minded coward just tell us where he stands on the issue so we can compartmentalize him!?" And he'll have Graham on his 4 looking through the binocs, backwards - "That was a direct hit, Mein Herr! I don't deserve you!!"

How can one not laugh?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm

BruceP wrote:

Oh, well that's just great. Now we're going to have another cycle of conspiracy theories fuelled by the baseless assumption that those pfizer scientists know what they're talking about.

I can see it now, they'll be spreading the misinformed notion that millions of people have been infected and re-infected by the covids an unknown number of times and remained asymptomatic the entire time because their natural immunity and general health allowed them to skate the infection.

And I'll get lumped in with those people because I choose to remain neutral and noncommittal in my stance on this whole mess.

Hermann G. will continue to lob his dirty irony diapers at me with his hypocrite cannon, and continue to miss with every salvo - "why won't this simple-minded coward just tell us where he stands on the issue so we can compartmentalize him!?" And he'll have Graham on his 4 looking through the binocs, backwards - "That was a direct hit, Mein Herr! I don't deserve you!!"

How can one not laugh?

I mean, what kind of truth bomb do you think you're dropping here. It's well known that surviving the actual disease will convey stronger immunity than the vaccine. I mean that's immunization 101.

The problem is, and stick with me here, you might die in the process of developing that immunity.

The vaccine prepares your immune system to better handle the virus and increase the chances you'll survive contact.

And here's the thing, they complement each other. Surviving COVID-19 plus receiving the vaccine confers greater immunity than either of them alone, no matter which order you got them in.

So in an ideal situation, sure, you're one of the lucky ones who get it and survive. Not one of the 700,000 in the US who have died of it.

Second best is hedging your bet, you get the shot, get vaccine immunity, then encounter COVID-19, survive a mild case, and now you're even more immune and less likely to subsequently get ill.

And the best part is, there is extensive data to show that vaccinated people are less likely to have severe cases and die. Some still do, sure. It happens, but not nearly as many as among the unvaccinated.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2282

But don't take my word for it, feel free to scroll through pages of evidence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

I mean, dude, pick your gamble either way. The math strongly favors vaccination with a lot more evidence than ivermectin.
Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 pm

BruceP wrote:

How can one not laugh?

Are you a drunk? Maybe lay off the hooch before posting.

I post stating the obvious truth that you originally came on this thread to muddy the waters and name called without stating what you thought. I point out that you aren't able to vet information and then you post a link from Project Veritas. Broadsiding yourself there. Never mind your fallacious conclusions on the Himalayas over on the climate change thread (not only a display of poor thinking, but also ludicrous on its face) or your confusion over causation and correlation with ivermectin.

And somehow I'm a Nazi, which for you originally stems from your strange obsession to defend someone I took to task for defending white nationalists. Now, of course, it's tied up with the attack on freedom that wearing a mask and getting a vaccine represents. Hmm... Yup, a great mind at work. More projection and right out of the right-wing playbook. Go ahead, whip out the thesaurus again for some more hackneyed alliteration. I guess it's impressive in jr. high.

But please, keep embarrassing yourself...

-toast-
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:38 am

Anti-vaccer's make the whole world sad. :(
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Good grief! Much is said about the disease pandemic and the various pharmaceutical medicines presented as potentially viable responses to it, but little is said about who has benefited by it all, both financially and politically.

Follow the money and the political power, without emotional attachment to the final outcome, in order to see the truth hidden in plain view of all. :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:29 pm

here you are:
20:1
this is the profit fom one dollar invested in vaccine industry
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Giles on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 pm

What are you getting at, Doc Stier? What is the truth hidden in plain view of all?

--> When it comes to Covid & Co., hardly anyone can free themselves fully from emotional attachments, political leanings and confirmation bias, and certainly not the great majority of people posting here. (I definitely include myself). But hey, we're all ape brains with smartphones, so that in itself is no terrible sin. Hence it's even more important to fall back on logical and reasoned argument, and to follow the science insofar as the science itself can be peer-reviewed and shown to be as sound as can be hoped for. That's what it's there for, as a collective construct that works better than individual brains and personalities (and, in most cases, differently to the collective construct of 'going viral', for instance).
Within our happy little sandbox here, it's also why the willingness and/or ability to use reasoned arguments and also to respond to others in the same way, should be worth something. Whatever the opinions and conclusions that emerge on this basis.

What do you mean here by "follow the money"? For instance, I'd point out that the circumstance that Özlem Türeci and Uğur Şahin (Biontech company) have made a ton of money with their vaccine (produced jointly with Pfizer), and that Pfizer itself has made several tons of money with the vaccine, does not in itself imply that this vaccine is therefore less trustworthy or should be viewed with suspicion. If you want to take a critical look at the vaccine, then go to the statistics, the science, the reviewed studies, of which there are now plenty.
Very possibly you would say the same. I'm not aiming to impugn your intellect and integrity. But your rather gnomic phrasing could really imply anything. What's up, Doc?
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:51 pm

-dropjaw- Hmm,
correct me if I`m wrong, but . 1kg of coc., in Columbia cost 4 000 US dollars,
when you move it to Florida, you get 20 000.
It merly five times beat.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That