The Roadmap — Authentic Guide to Practicing Nei Gong Pt 1

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

The Roadmap — Authentic Guide to Practicing Nei Gong Pt 1

Postby marvin8 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:06 pm

THE MARTIAL MAN
Oct 10, 2021

Part four of my exclusive interview with Master Yap Boh Heong discussing the Yan Shou Gong, an authentic Nei Gong system created by two Grandmasters of Southern Shaolin, Grandmaster Chee Kim Thong, and Grandmaster Yap Cheng Hai. I'm currently working closely with Master Yap to produce a comprehensive online training program that will include the original methods and in-door teachings of Shaolin Nei Gong. The online course will be released on The Martial Man website later this year. Create a free account to ensure you're notified when the course is officially released. https://themartialman.com

Chapters:
0:00 Intro
0:12 The Roadmap
8:08 The Power Plant Model
11:59 The Learning Triangle
17:04 The Five Stages Of Development
25:02 The Six Levels of Energy
35:21 The Milestones
45:35 Yan Shou Gong online course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vOgVqys-A

THE MARTIAL MAN
Nov 20, 2021

Part five of my exclusive interview with Master Yap Boh Heong discussing the Yan Shou Gong, an authentic Nei Gong system created by two Grandmasters of Southern Shaolin, Grandmaster Chee Kim Thong, and Grandmaster Yap Cheng Hai. I'm currently working closely with Master Yap to produce a comprehensive online training program that will include the original methods and in-door teachings of Shaolin Nei Gong.

Chapters:
0:00 Intro
5:19 Demonstrating 'Grounding'
7:22 'Rooting', 'Sinking & Raising energy'
11:28 How to apply Jin 勁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTHrjjqmSIY
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: The Roadmap — Authentic Guide to Practicing Nei Gong Pt 1

Postby Bao on Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am

He said that he made up the roadmap, so the title should probably be: "The Roadmap — Guide to Authentic Neigong" instead of "The Roadmap — Authentic Guide to Practicing Nei Gong."

I've heard this about the "six stages" a lot lately: "Li - Jin - Yi - Qi - Shen - Kong". Seems like quite a few people use it. He said that it's a Shaolin explanation, but Mizner and other Tai Chi people use it. Yap Boh Heong's explanation is quite good as he tries to point out that they overlap, but I don't fully agree.

These concepts and terms don't really make up stages. Yi, qi, shen are things that nourishes each other, something you always have, and always work with together, and something you will always continue to develop further. Lower level or higher level, Jin is still the expression of your accumulated skill. Regardless what stage you have achieved, the expression of strength is still always called jin. It can be refined and can be developed from "general jin" to "taiji jin", "Xingyi jin", "Bagua Jin" and then further into more advanced stages with their own style specific names. But again, it's still called jin. "Kong" or emptiness is a mind-state you will understand later when you have reached a certain level when all of the building blocks have been fitted into place.
Last edited by Bao on Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby robert on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:16 pm

That's pretty good. I saw the Shaolin neigong attribution and didn't watch right away. To a large extent it matches my experience in taiji. Thanks for posting.
Last edited by robert on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Think they overlap as well. I made a whole post about learning to kick harder.

- if I muscle it, of course it’s crude
- if I use stretch reflex, it’s like a release of the bow and arrow.
- that isn’t really “song”: it’s more activate the recíprocal inhibition.
- that happens automatically NOT directly - same as with the doctor checking your reflex. There isn’t a need to be “song” lol
- fascia and eccentric strength has to be developed outside the technique not as something used directly and certainly not as THE thing or somehow equivalent to Qigong smh lol. It’s just a component
- when I add a little qigong, everything feels easier is the best way to describe it
- the emptiness is the hardest part. In game can you do that at the exact right moment with all those factors
Last edited by everything on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Added "The Roadmap - Part 2 | An Authentic Guide to Practicing Nei Gong" to the OP.
marvin8
Wuji

Return to Video Links