the real hsing-i

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

the real hsing-i

Postby Rhen on Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:36 am

Real Hsing-i
forget about Beijing Hsing-i, In 1995 I flew over to Baltimore to try my hand at this. I lost. I lost to one of Mike Patterson's guys. I admit I did not have kicks and throws cause I had only done boxing competitions in the ring. Lei Tai is another beast. However I fought a 7 time Lei tai fighter, but walked away fine, only losing by points. My opponent was hurt too so I don't think he advanced that year. This is why I have deep respect for Patterson and his crew and why pompous mouth offs and poser goof balls make me cringe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5wzaDgYQZA
Last edited by Rhen on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rhen

Re: the real hsing-i

Postby Quigga on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:14 am

That's cool :)
Quigga

Postby wushutiger on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:44 pm

This will be the last time I engage with you, because frankly, you are being quite presumptuous. You assume that firstly, there are no other leitai, sanda or combat events outside of what you have access to or experienced. Secondly, you assume that people you are referring to haven't competed in such things throughout their lives. You would be mistaken on both accounts, and the comment that people are "mouth warriors" is quite ironic seeing as you are attacking people with assumptions on the internet, and typing about it.
wushutiger
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:39 pm

wushutiger wrote:...the comment that people are "mouth warriors" is quite ironic seeing as you are attacking people with assumptions on the internet, and typing about it.

Quite so indeed. A famous statesman and orator once said..."sometimes it is far better for a man to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open his mouth and remove all doubt." ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby denchen on Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:15 am

Doc Stier wrote:
wushutiger wrote:...the comment that people are "mouth warriors" is quite ironic seeing as you are attacking people with assumptions on the internet, and typing about it.

Quite so indeed. A famous statesman and orator once said..."sometimes it is far better for a man to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open his mouth and remove all doubt." ;D

Similar wise words from Lao Tzu -
those who know do not speak, those that speak do not know'.

In my experience the ones you have to watch don't need to
waste their breath.
denchen
Mingjing

Return to Video Links