African martial arts and psychedelics

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

African martial arts and psychedelics

Postby emptycloud on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Whats not to like..

pushing hands pushing boundaries..

anyone have the pleasure of meeting Kilindi Lyi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWHHbAA8xIc

Turn on, tune in, tap out...

Rich
emptycloud

Re: African martial arts and psychedelics

Postby yeniseri on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:30 am

A truly deep process that is often ignored and will continue to be ignored and few will be interested in it.
O'Leary and a few of his colleagues did many of their discovereies using psychedelics and even influenced military ESP research and this is often understated so by having a platform and vehicle does alot to
make knowledge more accessible.. Again, only the open minded on that journey will be able to see the "light of the darkness"
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:47 am

Men looki`n on the goats )

meditation is the key,
acid is the kinda of short cut and has drawback,
but
why not...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:58 am

wiesiek wrote:Men looki`n on the goats )

meditation is the key,
acid is the kinda of short cut and has drawback,
but
why not...

"why not"

It might be good to post your own experiences on acid / " LSD" , outlining why
you'er recommending it's usage for others... :)
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Am I on an acid flashback to the 60,s
This road and well trodden and lead nowhere
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:10 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Am I on an acid flashback to the 60,s
This road and well trodden and lead nowhere

Greetings Wayne,

The current wave of psychedelic research far exceeds that which began in the 50's & 60's. Although some of the foundations that were laid down back then still form pillars of the research. It highly likely that over the coming years psychedelics will be central to treating illness, stress, and even palliative care.

keep on trippin'

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emptycloud

Postby jimmy on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:16 pm

David Luke wrote:This paper investigates the relationship between psychoactive substances and so-called paranormal phenomena falling within the study of parapsychology. It is primarily concerned with extrasensory perception (ESP)—telepathy, precognition, and clairvoyance—as well as out-of-body experiences (OBEs) and near-death experiences (NDEs). Psychokinesis (PK), aura vision, encounter experiences, and sleep paralysis only make a very limited contribution to this review as they are seldom related to psychoactive drugs within the parapsychological literature. The paper borrows widely, but by no means exhaustively, from parapsychology as well as transpersonal studies, anthropology, ethnobotany, phytochemistry, psychiatry, psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, and neurobiology, particularly neurochemistry. It is organized into neurochemical models of paranormal experience (section 1), field reports of intentional and spontaneous phenomena incorporating anthropological, historical and clinical cases, and personal accounts (section 2), surveys of paranormal belief and experience (section 3), experimental research (section 4), and a methodological critique of the experimental research with recommendations for further work (section 5).

Psychoactive Substances and Paranormal Phenomena: A Comprehensive Review
jimmy
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:29 am

A stand out trip for me and one that has also baffled me, was the time I ingested psychedelic mushrooms during a bout of flu.

I was in bed, suffering, when a friend called round. He had the some shrooms and figured that it would perhaps be beneficial to ingest some, to brighten up my day.

He made a brew, I imbibed, and lay back. Having an empty stomach it came on fast. Pretty soon the usual uncontrollable giggling and nonsense began. Within a couple of hours I was romping through the local woods, tripped out. By the time I got home ravenous, my flu had evaporated. In fact my friend reminded me of my illness, and it shook me to realise how well I felt.

Possibly one of the most unusual experiences of my life.

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby wiesiek on Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:47 am

it is hard to clearly see a bottom of the bubbling spring, but sometimes your eyes catching spots of the clear view between bubbles - this is LSD/psychedelic >enlightening experience<.
If you`re aiming for >clear picture all the time<, "dry" meditation is the key.

my personal experience (from `70):
- ability to see energy field (vibration of the atoms?), and possibility to affect material things from the distance, only by moving my energy; and I have independent eyewitness for this.

hoppin` it helps, windy 8-)
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:21 am

I didn't try LSD until a few years into meditative practice. I had some previous psychedelic experience but LSD was an obsession for a while. The last trip I went under I was given a vision of evolution and my lifetimes on Earth . Having evolved from a single celled organism up to my current form. I really enjoyed the lifetime being an octopus and it's still my internal "happy place."
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:47 am

As a young GI working in a hospital in Frankfurt Germany at the time.
There was a place known by the GIs as shit park back in the 70s.

Anything one wanted drug wise could be found there.

Had a couple of friends who experienced bad trips, kind of depends on one’s mental state, and what the acid , is cut with.
Acid, known by different names depending on what it's cut with and material used, for example "blotter" comes to mind
can influence the type of trip, also depending on the strength of the "hit".

A friend of mine had a bad trip, luckily he had some people there to talk him down.
The acid cut with strychnine, if memory serves me.

His body understanding the poison influenced his trip.

Experimenting with one’s Brain unsupervised, not something I would recommend to others.
Just as there are many other drugs first time use, can have very severe consequences for adventurous
unsupervised users.

Should mention at the time, long ago,....my experience.

knew I could fly,,,,if I wanted too, but choose not to

from the 4th floor, a long way to find out, that one can't :-\

Psychedelics can have a profound effect depending on one’s mental state, and types of substances used.
Not everyone makes it back from the trip...
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:43 am

wiesiek wrote:...
it is hard to clearly see a bottom of the bubbling spring, but sometimes your eyes catching spots of the clear view between bubbles - this is LSD/psychedelic >enlightening experience<.
If you`re aiming for >clear picture all the time<, "dry" meditation is the key.

my personal experience (from `70):
- ability to see energy field (vibration of the atoms?), and possibility to affect material things from the distance, only by moving my energy; and I have independent eyewitness for this.

hoppin` it helps, windy 8-)

Ah the 70s,,,,interesting times :)

Many things I stayed away from, seeing what happened to others I knew who had used,,,"scagg" "herion" being one of them.
One of my fellow medics had to save a friend who OD, injecting him with narcan, A counter opioid .

My friend himself a scagg user a fellow medic used to drive ambulances then, totally a scary experience for the on board medic.
Most of the time he was lets say , :-\ he was not in his "right" mind...eyes half closed navigating the back roads of Baumholder Ger, at high speed at night. :o

shit always seemed to happen at night :-\

Watched many of my fellow medics, try something in a isolated place and bad mental state,, stationed in an infantry unit just after the Vietnam war,
trying to deal with the reality we found ourselves in .
Probably not the best of choices....

Infantry units back in the day not a fun place to be operating in what was called the Cold War.. :-\

It was funny,,,CID "Army Criminal Investigation Division "
would bust all the dealers, instantly making everyone switch to their favorite brew....

Comrade, "Germans" had some pretty strong drinks,,,good beer..back then :)
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:37 am

Let`s agree, that hero and meth works quite differently, than shrooms/lsd etc.
and
"psychedelic experiences" aren`t ultimate gate of perception for everyone,
however,
from the another hand - you may sit your arse to the death and don`t get it.

on the end: do we really need it? Not everyone for sure, but the Way is visible all the time if you are really looking for it, has no borders.Clear/ Bright mind is all what is needed. :) -oldman-
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:02 pm

wiesiek wrote:Let`s agree, that hero and meth works quite differently, than shrooms/lsd etc.
and
"psychedelic experiences" aren`t ultimate gate of perception for everyone,
however,
from the another hand - you may sit your arse to the death and don`t get it.

on the end: do we really need it? Not everyone for sure, but the Way is visible all the time if you are really looking for it, has no borders.Clear/ Bright mind is all what is needed. :) -oldman-

As one old guy, to another

let's agree not to agree ... :)

Sitting your "arse" down as mentioned in most cases can not damage or kill you...

Any type of drug introduced into the body, done for what ever reason can damage the mind, kill the body...or both

If one is not aware of the possible side effects taken as a way to deal with or achieve "what ever".
the risk factor may not be clearly understood....more so if done in the name of self exploration / experimentation

The studies are interesting....

gateless gate, open to all

Samurai composed poetry, practiced the tea ceremony and maintained gardens.
In all of these pursuits, the Zen practice of a clear, focused mind helped the samurai achieve high levels of mastery.

It's raining now.... :)

· “They come to be woken up Their dreams have become their reality Who are you to say otherwise?” –

Says the one providing the drugs needed, quite protected space for them to dream entering into "their" reality
opium den, anyone :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYc5tCk1t8
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:16 pm

There has never been a better time to trip. The amount of good advice, quality product and places to go, something undreamed of when I was a young cadet.

I discovered quite early that set & setting were paramount. Nature, trusted companions, personally harvest shrooms, plenty of time for take off and landing...and so on.

Acid I always struggled with on the come down, where as mushrooms tended to be more benevolent. I am really impressed with the amount quality research going on all over the world just now. I look forward to the day when all drug are decriminalised and regulated for adult consumption.

Great interview on Lex's podcast, worth listening to the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5YM5hti3W4

Yours
higher than the sun
Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emptycloud

Next

Return to Off the Topic