Reserve currency, the coming reset

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Reserve currency, the coming reset

Postby origami_itto on Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:24 pm

Quigga wrote:I don't think deflation is the issue when talking about fiat. Rather compound interest, creating money out of nothing, devaluing entire nations via credit score, the ability to freeze assets, having monopoly on the fiat money production.

Deflation and inflation, I don't know much about. But if something is inherently without value and just BS we all agreed to believe in - it doesn't matter if that 'lack of being intrinsically valuable' thing goes up and down. Imo

Money doesn't have intrinsic value, it's just a marker of value. It represents labor and capital and is an energy.

Deflation applies to a non-fiat system, such as a gold-backed currency. You hit a point where you get more value in the economy than can be represented by the volume of money so each unit of currency gains value, which sounds great, but debt becomes more onerous, and we're largely in debt. It also becomes even more difficult to see that value is sufficiently circulated for everyone to participate in the economy.

You know who the gold standard benefits? People with large holdings of gold, that's it. Everybody else gets screwed.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoFfe_kp9v0

U.S. Treasuries are now some of the most unloved IOU's in the world.

We're seeing the consequences in the yield curve.
If no one buys your debt than you have to buy it yourself.
The market fears rising rates and their are no good solutions for the Fed. Inflation is therefore inevitable and intentional.

Matthew discusses how gold is 'the' monetary metal and he no longer has faith in any currencies.
Count your wealth in ounces and grams not dollars. Gold is the insurance policy with the largest history.

Price discovery for gold is improving as more countries actively begin to use it. Gold always gets the last laugh.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:04 pm

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2011 ... d-standard

You can look at history or listen to the people determined not to learn from it.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:28 pm

^ that article only describes moving from gold as standard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't see what it has to do with new developments like crypto or whatever.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:34 pm

TL;DR: network effect (the more it's used the more valuable it becomes)

https://www.reddit.com/r/slatestarcodex ... _currency/
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed May 04, 2022 8:31 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon May 16, 2022 11:28 pm

Th IMF runs games on nations seeking to place themselves in the monetary matrix and many times (said nations ??? ) lose the gamble and become indebted to that monetary agency.

Nothing exists in itself, as itself but it is not unlike Haiti, being the first nation to escape from its evil colonial emnpire and slavery while paying the colonizer reparations for lost propery, revenue, plantations, etc because of how the slavery enterprise was set up from the gi go while those who escaped its conditions weren't given the time of day to be compensated for "free labour". Any alternative currency is a way to give equity to these novel ways and means of monetary resiliency so that no one denomination can attempt to "legally extort" or extoll the proliferation of their currency at the expense of manipulation and bribery (under the table schemes!).
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue May 17, 2022 5:17 am

everything wrote:^ that article only describes moving from gold as standard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't see what it has to do with new developments like crypto or whatever.

I mean crypto is even LESS backed by real assets. Remember when Elon tanked it with a tweet?

Crypto is a ponzi scheme. While there are some legitimate uses for it, the vast majority of players are all trying to get rich for nothing by allegedly profiting from the new money coming into the system. Its backed by nothing, has no intrinsic value, and must be exchanged for local currency to be of any use outside of the particular cryptocurrencies ecosystem.

I mean if you think the gold standard is better because the value is backed by an asset, crypto is the exact opposite. The only difference is that it's valued by common agreement, essentially, the demand to buy the COIN, instead of a central bank authority.

But in reality, even fiat currencies function the same way, the only real difference is that a government has more control over the amount of currency in circulation which it can use to affect the economy, which large business interests don't like because those policies can put a limit on their growth, which they have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to maximize returns on every year.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Wed May 18, 2022 8:01 am

I'll just... leave this here and hope someone reads it.

https://ianwrightsite.wordpress.com/202 ... eal-god-2/
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 8:52 am

It's a long read, but seems interesting

Trying to fill my head with less intellectual fluff

Thought-forms being living things is well... True

Charged ideas or concepts, via group effort, that develop their own dynamic

Mental fixation and attachment tends to reinforce them

I pictured a country as a human body in the past

'a people's body' so to say

IIRC if you look at suicide statistics, Germany would be a person trying to kill themselves every 8 minutes

Far from healthy
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 am

I just gave it a scroll and it seems way too trie-hard to me with little use for individual progress

He likes communism. That's it as far as I can tell
Quigga

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:25 am

windwalker
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic