Kristin Nieger Push Hands Video

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Kristin Nieger Push Hands Video

Postby Quigga on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:00 am

Is there an art of creating
Quigga

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:23 am

Appledog wrote:One reason people don't post here is because the older generation doesn't post here and when things get back to the older generation they instruct their students not to post here.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people that used to post here a lot and then stopped because what's the use? There are repercussions from statements and actions and when the response to someone admitting they are outright frauds is "so what, who cares?" then what's the point of saying anything else? No one batted so much as an eyelash so why bother?
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:28 am

Quigga wrote:Is there an art of creating

Isn’t most art about creating
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 am

Quigga wrote:Origami,

When it comes to the situation we are thinking about
There is pleasure derived in having power over other people
Along with your system going 200% very shortly, this doesn't mean upset emotions or rigid calmness
Both can occur and mixing the two is the best
Anyway, I know of people who have gone this route
It is not good for your heart

In active engagement one can be ruthless, but there are rules of choosing confrontation

Subduing a person and interrogation is where it gets nasty

Or children tricking and then shooting you
Or being responsible for collateral damage, women and children
Extractions I've heard is a term

Long story short
What do you think animal styles are about
Especially tiger and ape - I don't know that many more lol
But the ability to connect reigns supreme
Connect to a sphere of power or influence and let it flow through you to come into being

Some call evocation or exocation, whether inside or outside the body

I haven't really tried differentiating the two yet in my practice but I think there is lots to be discovered

The usual info about responsibility applies. Fuck up and get fucked up simple as that

That sounds great and all but it sounds a lot like the theories of someone who hasn't actually been in any of those situations.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:59 am

I have one such person in my family who actually did such things, picking flowers I mean

Basing my posts off of time spent with him
Quigga

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:08 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:
Appledog wrote:One reason people don't post here is because the older generation doesn't post here and when things get back to the older generation they instruct their students not to post here.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people that used to post here a lot and then stopped because what's the use? There are repercussions from statements and actions and when the response to someone admitting they are outright frauds is "so what, who cares?" then what's the point of saying anything else? No one batted so much as an eyelash so why bother?

Perhaps so, but in many cases, the older practitioners of note in recent decades, who would now be in the 65-70+ year old age group, don't post in online forums like this or in Facebook groups because:
(A) They are no longer living;
(B) They suffer from Senile Dementia or Alzheimer's and no longer have their wits about them;
(C) They wish to enjoy their Golden Years without the drama of argument or debate with anyone, and...
(D) They have no desire to be tethered to electronic devices of any kind.

As such, those who are still breathing may pop in here once in a long while and post something when it feels appropriate to do so, but only read what others post most of the time. Thus, their lack of online activity is more a result of their current station in life than a referendum on the group.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:19 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:

How much are you getting paid to be here?
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:11 am

origami_itto wrote:How much are you getting paid to be here?

The best thing about you admitting you aren't nearly as good as vegan girl in the OP clip (who IMO is utterly skill-less) is that your opinions on most anything can be filed where they belong -- in the round file near the door.

Seriously, with your admitted lack of any skill the only thing you should be telling people is "whatever I say do, you should do the opposite."
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
origami_itto wrote:How much are you getting paid to be here?

The best thing about you admitting you aren't nearly as good as vegan girl in the OP clip (who IMO is utterly skill-less) is that your opinions on most anything can be filed where they belong -- in the round file near the door.

Seriously, with your admitted lack of any skill the only thing you should be telling people is "whatever I say do, you should do the opposite."

That's actually really good advice, and I say it all the time. Don't listen to a thing I say, seek the truth in your own practice.
I believe the fruits of our labor are apparent to those who know how to look and have the chance to see.
The internet is empty talk. I like to get out and touch hands with people and let them make their own minds up about whether I'm any fun to play with.
I'm sure you'd tear through me like a pit bull through a kitten. I hope I never make you angry enough to try that.
But seriously, be like Elsa... Let it go...

Do you practice any meditation at all? Any spiritual maintenance?
I mean I'm not Ram Daas or Yoda but I sense a bit of conflict in you that could be tempered.

Oh, but my point was, if it's so shitty around here, why are you still hanging out? Just to get pissed off?
Last edited by origami_itto on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue May 03, 2022 7:43 am

Formosa,

Just going on this clip alone, she does show some skill - caveat; against co-operative force.
I recall this clip late last summer on RSF, you may find interesting..
https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... 32e780a2fc

this is what I wrote there:
isn't it lovely to have such willing and co operative practice partners
she has developed some understanding and skill over what she's doing and how to work with 'easy force'

the problem is these skills as they are shown and demonstrated here don't by themselves carry over 'as is' to unwilling and non co operative partners.
I know that's been done to death but these clips do have this ability to suggest there's more here than there really is - in terms of what i would consider genuine martial skill. That can only really be measured against someone not playing the game.

let's call this 'demo-magic' :)

how would she do in her weight class - probably not bad? it's fairly likely she does 'test' with better players, more her peers, where this looks like a beginner/her student maybe.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue May 03, 2022 7:46 am

I think it's important to see this kind of format as strictly technique training, fixed and or non fixed.
Mizner specifically teaches a lot of that as fixed technique.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue May 03, 2022 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links