just two guys practicing

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

just two guys practicing

Postby cloudz on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 am

just found this a bit randomly watching youtube; think it may be wu style guys
really like the vibe of this clip, taking turns trying things out. realistic force dynamics at play, no woo woo or jedi force. just some real nice push hands technique(s). As it should be. Both helping each other learn and explore - to understand force .. Not making it too easy nor too hard to get the work in; a nice balance to it.

Last edited by cloudz on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: just two guys practicing

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Not much different to the Mizner clip other than the fact they are training partners so it isn’t based on winning and loosing
They still have the same hollows and projections
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:06 am

no ones perfect I guess..
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:14 am

I like that too. Basically the guy in black is teaching, and is also letting the other guy do some techniques on him so the latter can practice these. 95% certain it is Wu style, as you say.
Fairly relaxed, good spirit of cooperation, maybe not high level but pretty good at the artisan level and above all honest.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:35 pm

Giles wrote:I like that too. Basically the guy in black is teaching, and is also letting the other guy do some techniques on him so the latter can practice these. 95% certain it is Wu style, as you say.
Fairly relaxed, good spirit of cooperation, maybe not high level but pretty good at the artisan level and above all honest.

Honest ;D

Watch their feet.

Call this type creepers :)
The other type are leaners

Each a bad habit outside the format of PH

Agree they are attempting to reach an understanding, helping each other
To get there.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:47 pm

Yeah, yeah. They are taking small adjustment steps in between, which is one valid way of doing tuishou. It's a limited form of moving step. The guy in black moves his feet a lot when he lets himself get pushed/uprooted by the other guy, which is logical. At the exact moments when the guy in black issues force to push/uproot the other guy, his feet are stable on the ground. Both, or at least the rooting foot, which is all you need. I don't see him throwing his weight forwards or backwards to try and achieve an effect, I don't see him losing his balance when he pushes the other guy. Instead, I see his body weight going straight down into the ground in a stable connection. That's all that matters; small adjustment steps in between are irrelevant, just a matter of taste.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Return to Video Links