The "Straight Talk Express" has derailed!!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The "Straight Talk Express" has derailed!!

Postby Steve James on Fri May 30, 2008 3:23 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:So I am fair.

Obama Plaigerism Scandal
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/02/ ... m-scandal/

Wooo, here's what he did:

"... he quoted a series of well-known speeches and documents from U.S. history, including those by Martin Luther King Jr, John F. Kennedy as well as the Declaration of Independence and asked if they were “Just Words”.

With[in] hours, a clip emerged on YouTube (embedded below) that compared Obama’s speech to a 2006 speech by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. In Patrick’s speech, he used many of the same quotes as well as very similar phrasing."

So, he used the same quotes by JFK, MLK and the DOI that another writer did. Damn. What a villain :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Fri May 30, 2008 3:52 pm

McCain by default. Obama has absolutely NO chance of getting elected. The Hillemonster is doing McCain's dirty work, his surrogates will just use her ammunition. Then there is Obama's new pastor that they're saving for the general.

Barr/Root in 2008!
I think, therefore I vote Libertarian.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Fri May 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Buddy wrote:Barr/Root in 2008!
I think, therefore I vote Libertarian.

In that case you must be thinking that it doesn't matter whether the person you vote for has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected.

Why not vote for Obama and improve his chances?

;)
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Sat May 31, 2008 7:19 am

I'm sure when the general election starts, it's going to get very very ugly. I've seen McCain in action for quite some time now; His tactics are right out of the Karl Rove/George Bush/Dick Cheney handbook (just look at the way he went at Mitt Romney - he's all about character assassination, not debating actual policy). If McBush wins that means we-the-people really haven't learned anything over the last eight years. If that is the case, I suppose we deserve what we get, which will be complete and utter failure in almost every way imaginable, specifically on the economy, health care, the illegal and false invasion, and the environment. Also we will get more radical right-wingnut Supreme Court Justice's like Alito (Dick Cheney's buddy) that scumbag, or more appointments like Gonzales who stepped down in shame (as well as many other republicans).

I just can't believe that the majority of America would want abortion to be illegal, or their employer health care benefits taken away from them, or the continuation of an illegal and immoral war-for-profit which is ruining our economy, or more of GW's economic and environmental disastrous policies, or more casual lying to the American public, and so on, and so on.... We'd have to be INSANE!

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain the right wingers will be trying to turn this into a black vs white thing (it's already begun actually), or some sort of silly "Obama is a muslim" thing, and if the people are dumber than I think they are, they might have a chance of selling that swill-pill to the people. It doesn't take much to give a racist an excuse not to vote for a black man. Any old excuse will do actually. It may work in states like Kentucky, West Virginia,etc, but hopefully the rest of the world will see the Bush/Rove-ish tactics for what they are. Total inane Crap. They'll be stirring the mud, hoping to get Obama down and dirty. After all, it's really their only chance for winning. What else can they possibly say? The war is doing well? The economy is doing fine? Gas and food are going to get cheaper? Health care, Social Security, Medicare, the environment are going to get fixed and secured for the future? LOL. Nah, they've got nothing to say except things like... did you see what Rev Wright said? Or, to attack his wife, or the old rethuglican scoundrel tactic of accusing Obama of being a Muslim, a terrorist, unpatriotic, etc. LOL.

Nah, this time they've got nothing. It's a democratic year, and nothing short of complete and utter chaos is going to change that imo.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 am

I don't think people are so dumb, but I do think the 8 year fear train ride hasn't helped American sensibilities on the whole.
Just vote for the candidate of your choice and hopefully you have educated yourself about those choices.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Sat May 31, 2008 4:49 pm

"Why not vote for Obama and improve his chances?"

Because I'm against everything he stands for? Because he's a sock puppet like Devolve Patrick? I think the libs plan to equate McCain with Bush is going to fail, not that that even matters. Obama is so damaged now, and we aren't even in the general yet (Clinton isn't done tossing her spanner in the works), that I see a majority of Clinton Democrats defecting or just staying home in droves.

Barr/Root! The same party that brought you Ron Paul last time.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Sat May 31, 2008 4:54 pm

McCain by default, ...

... and there are no racial overtones in that statment:

Obama is a Radical Leftist, and is way too extreme for moderates and independents to vote for...

... McCain is simply the most electible Democrat in the race. ;)
Last edited by Mike Strong on Sat May 31, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Strong

Postby Steve James on Sat May 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Ok, I'll play the Devil's Advocate for a minnit. Suppose that Mike and Buddy's premises are right. Well, if McCain is the best Democrat out there, that suggests that Democrats will vote for him if Hillary isn't nominated. But, obviously, at least half of all Democrats have already voted for Obama --including the 70% of the vote he got in Oregon, and after the Jeremiah Wright controversy was well known. Those who have voted for him already and still claim to support him, imho, are not going to change and will definitely hit the polls at election time. The question is about the other half of the Democrats who have supported Hillary. We'll have to see what happens there, but let's look at it from Mike's pov again.

Ok, McCain is the best Democrat. I don't know how correct it is to assume that Hillary supporters will vote for McCain or stay home. But, there must be some Republicans who will refuse to vote for McCain, too. They may vote for Barr or Ron Paul, or they may just stay home. And, er, I think I recall someon coining the term Obamacans, talking about Republicans who were so disgusted with their own party that they were turning to Obama --and not Hillary, specifically.

The "Republican" brand name is really tarnished, anyway. When people talk about the new Democratic Congress, they're pointing to the country's general dissatisfaction with that party and its policies. Imo, what allows some people to continue to keep the faith is a basic belief in some values. However, no one believes that any party has the monopoly on American values, but least of all the party of the present administration. The latest series of Republican cannibalizations, not to mention the long series of arrests, trials, scandals, investigations, etc., makes comparisons to the Democrats pretty weak.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Mike Strong on Sat May 31, 2008 7:38 pm

" The Republican Party has been taken over by a bunch of kooks". - Barry Goldwater 1987

I think you are watching the same thing happening to the Dems ...

... >:@
Mike Strong

Previous

Return to Off the Topic