For guys who like horror movies...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: For guys who like horror movies...

Postby Ian on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:26 am

"The entire cast is superb up and down the line. I've heard that most of the actors and actresses weren't told exactly what to expect for each hair-raising scene, thereby adding to the intensity of their reactions, but all I know for sure is that I would have had no doubts whatsoever in believing that everything I had just seen was completely real if I hadn't known it was a movie."

I'm almost cackling with glee at this!

Btw, does anyone know where I can buy this? I can only find DVD rentals on Amazon.
Last edited by Ian on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Michael Babin on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Ian's comment about the head popping out of the wreck scene in Jaws reminded me of seeing that horror classic at the theatre when it first came out. In the row in front of me a woman shrieked at that same moment and reflexively threw both arms out .... smacking the person to one side of her in the face hard enough to draw blood and spilling the full buttered popcorn box in her other hand all over the person sitting on the other side of her.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:24 pm

This movie scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid. I had some serious nightmares.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:22 pm

that seen of blair witch.. holy shit I got the literal chills. and then the THUMP made me and the whole rest of the theater physically jump in our seats. first time that's ever happened to me in a movie before.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Josealb wrote:It will be like doing a remake of The Untouchables. Not kidding.

or like remaking Infernal Affair
nianfong
Administrator

Postby meeks on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:18 pm

People area always going on about the ending of BWP. I watched it but don't remember that scene at all. What happens?

during the interviews of the locals at the beginning, they talk about how the witch would kill the children 1 at a time. But she could feel the eyes of the other kids on her back, watching, so she would make the other kids stand in the corner with their back to her as she slayed the first kid.

so at the very end of the movie when they find the house, one of the guys (all adults) disappears in the house. the other 2 go running upstairs looking for him. they make their way into the basement.. the scene is all dark and only visible through the video camera and its meager light. guy comes running down the stairs, you're watching this through the hand held video cam, he turns the corner at the bottom of the stairs and for a brief moment you see his buddy standing in the corner with his back to the room (like the kids mentioned in the interviews). then 'thud'...camera falls to the floor, scene goes black.
so just the thought of what that represented made my skin crawl for a long time.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby jwalker on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 am

meeks wrote:during the interviews of the locals at the beginning, they talk about how the witch would kill the children 1 at a time. But she could feel the eyes of the other kids on her back, watching, so she would make the other kids stand in the corner with their back to her as she slayed the first kid.

so at the very end of the movie when they find the house, one of the guys (all adults) disappears in the house. the other 2 go running upstairs looking for him. they make their way into the basement.. the scene is all dark and only visible through the video camera and its meager light. guy comes running down the stairs, you're watching this through the hand held video cam, he turns the corner at the bottom of the stairs and for a brief moment you see his buddy standing in the corner with his back to the room (like the kids mentioned in the interviews). then 'thud'...camera falls to the floor, scene goes black.
so just the thought of what that represented made my skin crawl for a long time.

Yah for sure that's exactly what I'm talking about, what was being implied in that scene was scary as all hell, the Witch's existance had suddenly and terribly been confirmed.

I saw Blair Witch after all the hoopalah stoned of my ass on a tiny TV and I thought it was the shit. Not too sure what people were expecting (I didn't know what to expect) but I thought it was awesome and it was around then I began to notice how much I loved a well made horror.

Any more suggestions? Atmosphereric movies and stuff? I checked out the other thread but most of that stuff is not what I'm after, noting however that Blue Velvet while not a horror, has a terrifying, almost suffocating atmosphere, I'm sure the breathing apparatus has something to do with that.

On a side note I don't mind the handi-cam view point of Blair Witch which many people can't stand, the first person perspective means you know as much as the characters, something which was really put to good use in Cloverfield, a film I'm still not over, I can't remember the last time I wanted to rewatch a movie so desperatly. Need a decent TV for it though.
"It is statisticly possible to attack someone with your machete." - John Wang
jwalker
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Ian wrote:
Btw, does anyone know where I can buy this? I can only find DVD rentals on Amazon.

The name of the film, please?
Michael

Postby Ian on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:23 pm

meeks wrote:
People area always going on about the ending of BWP. I watched it but don't remember that scene at all. What happens?

during the interviews of the locals at the beginning, they talk about how the witch would kill the children 1 at a time. But she could feel the eyes of the other kids on her back, watching, so she would make the other kids stand in the corner with their back to her as she slayed the first kid.

Ooh! Eerie.

Weird that I don't remember it. I definitely watched it with a girl during summer camp.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I don't remember...

Michael wrote:
Ian wrote:

The name of the film, please?

Um... Rec. The film we're talking about :D

Btw I watched Rec last night (it's on youtube in full).

THANK YOU JOSE! What a tremendous film.

Could only watch it in Spanish, and unfortunately I don't speak spanish. Other subtitled snippets are scattered around the site, though, so you can still get the gist of what's going on.

The end is farking jizztastic.

The whole film had me laughing and cheering like a spazz.

Kill eat brains to see this film.
Last edited by Ian on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian

Postby Josealb on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Its on youtube? wtf? like split up in chapters of 10 minutes?

You went ahead and watched it without subs? comooooooooon. I would have given you the torrent with subs at least.

By the way...i smiled all the way too! It was like a freaking christmas that came early for me. And the ending...oh man. Careful with the spoilers!
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:37 am

Urgh... check this out.

Freaking snore!

They spoon-feed you all this information, the dialogue sounds hammy and forced... bullshit munchers.

I can see remaking old films or bad films with good scripts, but remaking a NEW AND AWESOME film? For what, apart from making a buck?
Ian

Postby Josealb on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:16 am

FELIPE....dont hit play.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:04 pm

isn't that the english version of the spanish film posted on this thread? in any case...I'd go see it....
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Creep Show!
Chris Fleming

Postby Felipe Bidó on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 pm

“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic