Crazy office guy

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Crazy office guy

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:18 am

SFW, if you have access to Break.com and you can watch some violence:

Violent office tantrum

The posts from TNT:

Kenneth Delves:

That is effing unbelievable-I like the way they subdued him, the guy who took the axe away looked like he had some training

Darthwing Teorist:

Yeah, the axe guy seems to have shielded. It's interesting that he took the time to familiarize himself with the crazy and seek an opportune moment. But I always wonder if these office violence videos are real though. Isn't there a law against having surveillance cameras in the average office?

Dmitri:

Wow. I can't believe it took them such a long time to do something... Amazing that nobody jumped him at the very beginning, when he hurt that woman by throwing a monitor...

You see, this is one of the reasons why I train MA, so I can take morons like that down quickly and without risking too much of my own health and wellbeing in the process.

Teo, this should probably go into OTT as a separate thread, that's some good footage.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Re: Crazy office guy

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:25 am

Dmitri: I often tell myself the same thing. But looking at this and after having witnessed a few workplace conflicts (mostly verbal, sometimes almost to blows), I think that there were a few factors that may explain the time it took to intervene (if this is real of course):

- Diffusion of responsibility
- People hesitate, waiting to see if the conflict stops
- People don't want to hurt someone or get hurt for nothing
- They know the people involved so they are likely to give them a chance to stop
- In this case, it looks like the dude was pretty random at first, so you may want to get a feeling of his actions so you can jump in at an opportune moment.

There is a question that I asked myself lately: when do you Make The Decision? (I will start a new thread on this).
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:31 am

I understand your points and if he were just running around destroying the office space and not hurting people, I'd be watching alongside everyone else until the police arrived or whatever.

But in this case "the decision" would be (for me) when that woman got hurt; that put the whole thing into a different category altogether.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:43 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. There were definetly a few opportunities to take him out. Especially if you manage to get a group of people to jump on him. The advice that I heard for these situations is to adress a few people who either had training or ar physically imposing and tell them: you - do this, you - do that.

Check out my brand new, The Decision, thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=507
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:46 am

I agree with Dmitri. I was all fun and games until he did that. After that I was just hoping someone K-the fuck-Oed him.
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby kenneth delves on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:40 am

Like to guess his medication: Zoloft? Paxil? Luvox? Effexor? no prize for right answer
kenneth delves
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:43 am

I'm going to guess he was on something a little more serious than anti-depressants. He probably got a nice Thorazine cocktail at the hospital, though.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 am

what the fuck? why didn't he get ktfo by the dude he smacked with the keyboard? that's some wacky shit.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:56 pm

just so it's embedded. from youtube (posted by break.com)
nianfong
Administrator

Postby kenneth delves on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Dont underestimate antidepressants, many of the recent shootups at schools were by people on antidepressants. The weird thing is that they were said to be off their medications, they would have been better if they were never on them
kenneth delves
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:05 pm

When well-dressed white guys begin attacking office furniture, it's usually because of one thing:

PC LOAD LETTER
Michael

Postby TaoJoannes on Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:32 pm

kenneth delves wrote:Dont underestimate antidepressants, many of the recent shootups at schools were by people on antidepressants. The weird thing is that they were said to be off their medications, they would have been better if they were never on them

Word.

The symptoms that the drugs are prescribed to deal with are nothing compared to the withdrawls.

Kind of like heroin.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:18 pm

nianfong
Administrator

Postby qiphlow on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 pm

fong with the fatality.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:20 am

Michael wrote:When well-dressed white guys begin attacking office furniture, it's usually because of one thing:

PC LOAD LETTER

-lol-
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic