Obama: Historical Nomination

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Obama: Historical Nomination

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:52 am

It would be interesting to see Obama as president just to annoy the racists who are evidently still alive and well.
Ian

Postby MikeC on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 am

Like the ones at Rev. Wright's church?
MikeC

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:03 am

I honestly do not give one solitary shit who wins, and I'm not picking sides.

What, you wanted a debate? :)
Last edited by Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:20 am

You guys are right that this is an important and historic moment for the USA, and the fact that people refer to him as "african-american-caucasian" (no offense to Steel LOL) is proof positive that the sooner we get to the next positive stage of race relations of not giving a damn about someone's skin color, the better.

Now if we could just get to a stage of American politics where you don't need $200 million to run for President then I'd sure feel a whole lot better.
Michael

Postby steelincotton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 am

MikeC wrote:Like the ones at Rev. Wright's church?

More fear and smear from MikeC. Still playing the race card, spewing his misguided hatred, all in the name of a political party who's one and only agenda is to keep corporate America strong, while we hardworking Americans remain WEAK and powerless against them.

Yes, Rev Wright. A man who is old enough to have lived through not being able to enter certain bathrooms, drink from water fountains that were labeled "whites only," not being able to vote, sitting at the back of the bus (if let on), etc., etc. Yes, Rev Wright. A man who served two tours of duty as a U.S. Marine, and served his country proudly. Hell, he's more of a patriot than most of us here are! Sure, the Rev's got some anger still, and why shouldn't he? Truth be told, the man was right about a lot of things he said (not all it of course), and he, and many others including myself, are NOT proud of the way our country has treated immigrants, african americans, gays, vets, senior citizens, etc. In fact, after the Vietnam war many other "patriots" were very angry at our government and said even worse things than Rev Wright said. People who really buy into this whole Rev. Wright thing are being blinded by their own prejudices, or the right wing media, specifically FIX/FOX NEWS; you've been duped ya'll, and used by the right wingnuts so the drumbeat of corporate America and fascism can march on louder and louder, stronger and stronger. Used like a pawn in a chess match, setting up the game, while the fat king and queen sit back and enjoy the victory! 8-)

To not even give Obama the basic respect as to the historical accomplishment that has been achieved, says a lot about a person. Even Buddy, who wants McCain, at least gives the man that much! Heck, even Bush, Cheney, and Connie congratulated Obama.
Last edited by steelincotton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby steelincotton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 am

I'm still waiting for Mike Strong to acknowledge the historical accomplishment of Barack Obama. Perhaps he's home drowning in his sorrows, hopefully not. ;D
Last edited by steelincotton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby Bill on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 am

Dream Team

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:57 am

Yuck!!! -puke-
Michael

Postby MikeC on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 am

steelincotton wrote:
MikeC wrote:Like the ones at Rev. Wright's church?

More fear and smear from MikeC. Still playing the race card, spewing his misguided hatred, all in the name of a political party who's one and only agenda is to keep corporate America strong, while we hardworking Americans remain WEAK and powerless against them.

Yes, the Barack Insane Obama head cheerleader has raised his ugly head again.

Yes, Rev Wright. A man who is old enough to have lived through not being able to enter certain bathrooms, drink from water fountains that were labeled "whites only," not being able to vote, sitting at the back of the bus (if let on), etc., etc. Yes, Rev Wright. A man who served two tours of duty as a U.S. Marine, and served his country proudly. Hell, he's more of a patriot than most of us here are! Sure, the Rev's got some anger still, and why shouldn't he? Truth be told, the man was right about a lot of things he said (not all it of course), and he, and many others including myself, are NOT proud of the way our country has treated immigrants, african americans, gays, vets, senior citizens, etc.

Yes, the US govt invented the AIDS virus to keep the black man down.

Jesus was a black man, persecuted by the white man

LOL. And you call me a racist... :P

To not even give Obama the basic respect as to the historical accomplishment that has been achieved, says a lot about a person. Even Buddy, who wants McCain, at least gives the man that much! Heck, even Bush, Cheney, and Connie congratulated Obama.

I was responding to Ian's comment, not your thread. Quit being such a narcissist. And get your head out of Barry's ass before he stops short.

Mike
MikeC

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:19 am

Actually, the Wright controversy has had the opposite effect among many people. As noted before, the ex-KKK, longest serving US Senator, from W. Virginia, endorsed Obama "after" the news about Obama's association with Wright came out. There are also no all-black states, so not just black people have voted for him since they've heard of Wright.

Anyway, it'll remain the obvious mud-slinging and will remind people of the tactics of the "government" we have had for the last 8 years. That's exactly what people want to change. It's a bit like Hillary's attacks. She makes herself look like she disliked Obama more than McCain did. And all this based on the supposedly racist comments made by his ex-pastor during a sermon, with only the implication (with a wink) that Obama probably agrees with him.

On that note, I just wanted to point out that plenty of people here complain about the f-ing government and its conspiracies all the time. It's a free country.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby steelincotton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:21 am

I knew you woul respond just like you did MikeC. LOL.. right out of the right wing play book.

How did we get to Jesus? Anyway, what, Jesus was an anglo-saxen with long dirty blond hair and blue eyes? LOL.

The AIDS thing? I'm still not sure how that was started. I don't buy the whole "monkey theory" thing. You'd have to be crazy to buy into anything this current government says, so I prefer to keep my "view" open.

MikeC, how come you haven't acknowledged Obama's historical accomplishment? Just wondering....
Last edited by steelincotton on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:23 am

steelincotton wrote:I knew you woul respond just like you did MikeC. LOL.. right out of the right wing play book.

What Jesus wasn't a dark man? Of course he was!! What did you think, Jesus was an anglo-saxen with blue eyes? LOL.

MikeC, how could you haven't acknowledged Obama's historical accomplishment? Just wondering....

Word, lol.

It's like watching Children play.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby MikeC on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 am

Ok, congrats Obama! Go get 'em Tiger!

Feel better steel?
MikeC

Postby TaoJoannes on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 am

Tiger plays golf.

Man, they DO all look alike to you, huh?
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 am

I wonder how many people vote, in general, based on who they think is most likely to win -- just to feel like they were right, you know, the ego thing.

Probably a lot, esp. since most of them won't be able to either admit or to even realize/be aware of that... Of course it would be all justified and properly explained in their head, the man or woman of their choice would just happen to be exactly what they really-really wanted, regardless of that person's actual probability of winning...

Nothing wrong with that, of course -- just the anthill hard at work. :P
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic