For guys who like horror movies...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: For guys who like horror movies...

Postby Muad'dib on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:26 am

Don't assume the hollywood flick will suck just because it's a remake. I can think of two Japanese horror flicks where the US version was better, simply because the original director was involved and the "hollywood" time around he had unlimited cash. On the other hand, I just looked at the other movies the production co behind the remake has done, and while I liked ultraviolet and underworld for personal reasons (They inspired my wife to work out, and pick a more interesting wardrobe to match), I hardly think they were good.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:52 am

Just watch the original. You'll see how poorly the remake compares.

It's a pity, because the audience would benefit from watching the Spanish version in theaters. But sadly that won't happen, as it has to be in English, set in LA, played by American actors :)
Ian

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:36 pm

I finally saw it. Couldn't wait until 'Drunken Bido Friday Night'. Yes, I'm alone here, and no lights on. Not too dark..not too bright.

I don't know if it's because I'm used to the plot in zombie movies, but it seemed pretty standard to me until...the last 10 minutes. That was beautiful suspense.

I have a little bit of faith in the remake. They really gave too much info in the trailer, but a good director could pull it off. We'll see
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Felipe Bidó on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Ah, and again. The trailer for the remake sucks. A lot
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Previous

Return to Off the Topic