who listens to sirius sattelite?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

who listens to sirius sattelite?

Postby ninepalace on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:03 am

especially howard stern and bubble the love sponge? it's definitely the best radio on radio as they say. and that's not just my opinion, THAT'S FACT. go back to your own country if you don't like it (or have XM)
Last edited by ninepalace on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ninepalace

Re: who listens to sirius sattelite?

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:13 am

И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Image

QFT
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Pay radio has to be the stupidest idea that anyone ever bought into. no offense ninepalace, but you are paying for radio. lol
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Do they leave out the commercials?
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby chud on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:32 pm

TaoJoannes wrote:Do they leave out the commercials?

I have XM. On most stations they leave out the commercials (except some brief ones to tell you about shows that are coming on other channels). On the talk radio channels where they air syndicated shows from regular radio, they play commercials because the shows have commercials included already.

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Pay radio has to be the stupidest idea that anyone ever bought into. no offense ninepalace, but you are paying for radio. lol

If you don't have access to decent stations, or if you drive long distances, it's great (truckers love it). Also, it's much better content. Like Jazz? 24 hr jazz with little or no commercials. Same for other genres.
Last edited by chud on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:33 pm

I would pay for no commercials.

Kinda like sponsoring public radio.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby ninepalace on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Pay radio has to be the stupidest idea that anyone ever bought into. no offense ninepalace, but you are paying for radio. lol

yea silly me paying less than 40 cents a day to have over a hundred free channels of commercial free music. and there are some seriously cool channels on sirius.

and i really like two things, NPR which they have two channels of. and howard stern who also has two channels. and now that he's on sirius his show is 5 hours and does about one commercial break per hour. plus they are way shorter than when he was on regular shit censored radio.

and that's the other thing, uncensored radio is the shizzzzzzznit. howard's show is seriously 5 times better than before because of that. i've never laughed so hard that i've had to pull over before for fear of crashing. when martha stewart was being interviewed even she was cursing.

i don't watch tv at home either so this is my entertainment expense. again, 40 cents a day.
ninepalace

Postby Josealb on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:49 pm

I worked for two months in their customer service center. The shit i pulled off there....they had no idea. I still have a password left for online sat radio.

I wouldnt pay for it.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:19 am

It will eventually lose the novelty.

paying for radio is like paying for cable tv that never gets used when you buy "packages" with three sprts channels you never watch etc etc.

13 channels of shit on the tv to choose from, 57 channels with nothing on and all that.

I recently dumped a whole bunch of my cable package, shaved about 75 bucks a month off the bill and I don't miss it one iota.

I can see sirius being good for truckers i guess, but I think national radio stations are also cool. You can drive coast to coast in canada and listen to the same cbc all teh way with only a minor dial change here and there. If you like the jazz, there's also radio 2 and 3 classical the works...it's free.

If I want to listen to select stuff, I have an mp3 player in my hyundai and a cd in my honda + an ipod adapter.

the pay radio isn't even on the radar.
It's flagging badly up here in Canada, so either canadians are cheap or we already have decent radio stations and programs or a little of both.

I really can't see myself paying for radio though.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic